L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #11  
Forgot to add that with R1 tires, the tractor measures about 66" inches from the outside tread to outside tread. Not sure if that will affect your plans to use a 60" inch tiller, but it will not cover your tracks if thart is a concern...

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #12  
One other item said:
299931[/ATTACH]

I'm running a 6ft tiller behind my 3240GST, with no problems. I also have the larger loader ( it's now a L724) I wouldn't want a loader with more lift on a tractor that size. You will need to use a counterweight, or heavy impliment, while using the loader, unless your just moving mulch or feathers.:chicken: I have loaded rear tires (R1), 348 lbs of wheel weights, and I use a counterweight.
No jerky hitch BTW. As stated, not a problem on the Grand L.:thumbsup: I'm at 3000 ft so I loose about 10% or 12% of my HP. The only time I find mine underpowered is with the weights and loader on, going uphill in road gear. Under normal operating conditions it's fine.

Bill

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #13  
The 3430 is a Grand L.You won't have a problem with the three point.I had a L3130 HST and was a great all around tractor.The L3430 has a little more HP,you won't have any problems with the implements listed.A few people complained about power when loaded with a back-hoe,adds a lot weight.I also had the 723 loader,which is the larger of the two offered for this machine;hours are low also for the year(about 2004).If the price is right buy it ,you won't be disappointed.

Sorry, was under the impression they didn't start until the L4240. My bad. :ashamed:

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #14  
The BX has it's place, gardens and most laws in town, but the jobs are just getting to big for the the BX. I remove concrete, retaining walls, move large amount's of dirt and gravel for new construction etc. a back hoe will be needed at sometime. This will not replace the BX but will bet an addition to it.

Also this tractor would be a compromise, an L4600 could run a 72in tiller.
Thanks, Iowan

Ah, I see. Yeah, I traded in my BX2660 and I kinda wished I didn't. I miss that little guy. Like you said, it has it's place.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #15  
HighCompression, You were actually right. The smaller Grand L30 and L40 tractors can use either a LA5XX loader or a LA7XX loader. To use the BH90/92 backhoe, you need the LA7XX loader.

It is not until you get to the L4330 (or now the L4240) that you can get the LA8XX loader. The MX5100 has a loader similiar to (with actually some shared parts) to the LA8XX that was on the Grand L30s.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #16  
For the work you listed there might be some pluses for the glideshift but otherwise the hydro would be my tractor of choice for tilling. The size tillers that are recommended are normally on the conservative side.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #17  
Hello I have a L3430 with the GST. Haven't any problems with it. It's been a really good tractor I wouldn't hesitate to buy as long as the price is right. If you need any more info just ask.