L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #1  

Iowan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota's
Hi all, I'm looking for an L series with a heavy loader for my tilling business. the new L4600 would work great but at almost thirty grand its not going to happen. I have found a L3430 with 500 hrs and a LA723 loader with a 72in hd bucket that might work. My plan is to use a 60in tiller and a center mount scraper blade on the tractor. I will also use a rock bucket and a 400lbs land plane-drag on the three point. My question about the L3430GST is what is the the good bad and the ugly about this tractor, Ive herd there's problems with the L's three point being jerky, and the L3430 is under powered.
So if you love it or hate it please let me know.
Thanks, Iowan

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #2  
Yes the smaller L's have jerky 3pts. The larger Grand series L's are flawless. How about a B series? And what's wrong with your BX2660. Great machine. Loader not lift enough? How much do you need to lift?
No matter which way you go, there will be sacrifices. Pro's and con's. Size, weight, maneuverability, lift capacity, etc.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #3  
The 3430 is a Grand L.You won't have a problem with the three point.I had a L3130 HST and was a great all around tractor.The L3430 has a little more HP,you won't have any problems with the implements listed.A few people complained about power when loaded with a back-hoe,adds a lot weight.I also had the 723 loader,which is the larger of the two offered for this machine;hours are low also for the year(about 2004).If the price is right buy it ,you won't be disappointed.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Yes the smaller L's have jerky 3pts. The larger Grand series L's are flawless. How about a B series? And what's wrong with your BX2660. Great machine. Loader not lift enough? How much do you need to lift?
No matter which way you go, there will be sacrifices. Pro's and con's. Size, weight, maneuverability, lift capacity, etc.

The BX has it's place, gardens and most laws in town, but the jobs are just getting to big for the the BX. I remove concrete, retaining walls, move large amount's of dirt and gravel for new construction etc. a back hoe will be needed at sometime. This will not replace the BX but will bet an addition to it.

Also this tractor would be a compromise, an L4600 could run a 72in tiller.
Thanks, Iowan

Last edited:
   / L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #5  
The BX has it's place, gardens and most laws in town, but the jobs are just getting to big for the the BX. I remove concrete, retaining walls, move large amount's of dirt and gravel for new construction etc. a back hoe will be needed at sometime. This will not replace the BX but will bet an addition to it.

Also this tractor would be a compromise, an L4600 could run a 72in tiller.
Thanks, Iowan
My L3130 ran a 72" tiller with no problem.....and we have some of the toughtest soil conditions around,the rock garden north-east.

My L3130 ran a 72" tiller with no problem.....and we have some of the toughtest soil conditions around,the rock garden north-east.

Thanks again, that's great to hear. This tractor is at a good price has two remotes a quick attach loader, the only thing to deal on yet is the wheel and tires, Id like R1s on it it has R4s on it now.

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #7  
at 30k for a 4600 kubota i would run

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #8  
I have had R1's on my tractors,tough switch to R4's/R1's they require different rims.Maybe able to swap with some-one/dealer looking for R4's.If you are thinking of adding a back-hoe you may want to stick with the R4's.

Looking to buy a complete set of wheels and tires (R1s) with tractor, I will have both R1s and R4s. If you buy sets from your dealer they are cheaper than the tires alone.:thumbsup:

/ L3430GST The Good,The Bad and The Ugly #10  
The L3430 is a great medium sized compact tractor that can handle what ever comes it way. Sure, there are times I want a little more horsepower, but considering the nimbleness of its size, even with a backhoe, I have learned that there are tradeoffs in life. I looked at the MX5100 this past year, but after careful consideration, and with the help of others here, I decided that there is always something bigger, and while the bigger tractor will do a few more things than a 35 hp tractor, it will also use more fuel and take a bigger truck to trailer it.

The hitch on mine works smoothly and while the L4330 and up had a larger loader series, the LA723 still lifts an impressive amount (1500+ lbs bucket bottom), and there are times that I can lift more with the FEL than the muddy ground under the front wheels wants to hold up without leaving ruts.

One other item, the L30 Series Operators Manual list the 60" tiller as the max, but I am glad to hear the the L3130 ran at 72" tiller in tough ground.

P3270123.jpg