Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #1  

richh

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 HST with loader

Thanks for all the input. I had to wonder about the R4 with mud, and I think Gordon must be right. I have never used them. Now MCalkley has got me wondering about these Michelin's.What ply rating are they? IM worried about STUMPS. I went to their web page but could not find anything about tractor tires????? Shure would like to see the tread on them. Any idea of a web site with a pitc.??? Is long the 4-1-bucket on the web?? As far as price I checked carver & found only $1250.00 dif. with loader on both.$22740.00 vs $21490.00 both with ag tires.Does this sound right?? THANKS RICH

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310

gordon you hit a home run with that web address. Thanks alot. I just wonder what they cost?? I got the dealer list so I can call in the AM. Think I can buy tractor with out tires?? I sure like the idea of something a little wider,less rutting maybe??

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #4  

If you want the picture of the particular tire I'm talking about, try http://www.michelin.com/us/eng/tire/ag/pages/html/xm27utl.htm.

Michelin doesn't use a standard ply rating on its tires (for that matter, neither does Firestone, on its radials) but the 19.5LR24 XM27's are rated at 3,620 lbs per tire at 20 mph at 9 psi, which is what I run mine at because that's the maximum load I ever put on them. They'll handle 7,670 lbs per tire at 39 psi, if you're planning on putting them on a 25,000 lb articulated loader or something. In other words, they're as heavy as anything that would ever fit on an L-series tractor. They would be hugely overkill if they couldn't be aired down to 9 psi. And at those pressures, they handle puncture hazards extremely well.

Carver used to have some pictures of the Long 4-in-1 bucket. I've never seen any anywhere else.

Mark

thanks Mark I went to that site, looks good but can afford them?? any idea on cost??

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #6  

I got mine for $600 apiece on sale, installed, including 50% hydroinflation. Ouch. I haven't gotten the fronts yet because I didn't get them when they were on sale ($260 each), and they haven't come back on sale yet.

Mark

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #7  

I was looking at them also they look like the mac daddy's of tires thats for sure. I agree with Mark on this one the best of both worlds, but a wallet pincher thats for sure. Well you get what you pay for and for heavy loading raidals have a few advandages that do justify there added cost.

The good thing about radials it that the tractor under heavy loads with proper inflation burns less fuel--FACT.

When it comes to footprint wider is better in the woods--less compaction.

Thanks for the info Mark now theres something else on my need list and the list gets longer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #8  

I haven't always felt like I got what I paid for with every purchase I've ever made, but generally the more expensive ones fall into that category. Maybe it's because the more expensive decisions are carefully researched before the cash is plunked down. In any case, I've never regretted the money I spent on those tires.

Another advantage of the radials in general is that the footprint remains so much more constant. I've watched them conform to strange ground conditions where the bias ply tires would've had less than half their contact patch on the ground. When you roll over rocks, stumps, logs, whatever, they just conform to the surface, as long as they're aired down to the proper pressure, of course. This also increases their puncture resistance, too. Other advantages include significantly better ride, better fuel mileage, as you mentioned, less soil compaction, etc.

Mark

Ok mark you got me, what's hydroinflation????????

/ Re: buying new L4610 vs L4310 #10  

Where are you,Mark? I ain't Mark, Richh, but that's puttin' a little water in the tire with the air. I just use water and antifreeze.

Bird