L3200DT price check...

/ L3200DT price check... #21  
Not all dealers are the same. Not sure why such a difference, but there is. My 'local' dealer quoted me a price. I later went to kubota.com and built that same machine, and they were within a few hundred dollars. The dealer had made a big deal talking about the savings he passed on to the customer and such, so I was surprised. Next time I stopped in, I asked him how his price was just about the same as Kubota 'list' price, he explained that the 'Build My Kubota' list price doesn't include shipping to them and assembly. The salesman was decidedly unhappy when I told him about the quote I got from Barlows in KY, which was ~4.5K less than his best price, including a rather long distance delivery. Some dealers apparently don't deal.:confused:

With the great rep Barlows has here, I ordered from them. I am still waiting for delivery, but it should be real soon now.:cool2:

/ L3200DT price check...
2 years ago from this upcoming fall I went to a Kubota dealer here in RI looking for an L3400 DT. He did not blink when he told me "$19,300". When I questioned about the price, he actually started to walk away and said something to the effect it'll be here if you want to pay for it. I even offered $17,800 and got laughed at. Are you quite certain the 19K price for the 4400 was with fel? I had to look at your post date just to be sure it wasn't from 3 years ago. I know Kubota had a price hike back then but it was only a short time where these tractors went from 15K to 19K. I was a bit flabbergasted.

Arrow, I reread my post and I can see it was a little confusing. The MSRP I listed of $19,035 was taken from the Kubota website for a brandy new L3200, NOT the L4400 I purchased in the past. The math I did in my original post was to see if I could get a L3200 at a 12-15% discount, then apply the rebate, and end up with a final price in the $15+k range.

You did make me wonder what I bought that L4400 for. I actually forgot what I paid for the L4400, so I just grabbed the invoice... In May of 2006 I purchased a brand new L440DT w/ FEL, loaded tires, and two remotes for $20,171.60.

Hope that makes sense!

Amstaff

/ L3200DT price check... #23  
Arrow, I reread my post and I can see it was a little confusing. The MSRP I listed of $19,035 was taken from the Kubota website for a brandy new L3200, NOT the L4400 I purchased in the past. The math I did in my original post was to see if I could get a L3200 at a 12-15% discount, then apply the rebate, and end up with a final price in the $15+k range.

You did make me wonder what I bought that L4400 for. I actually forgot what I paid for the L4400, so I just grabbed the invoice... In May of 2006 I purchased a brand new L440DT w/ FEL, loaded tires, and two remotes for $20,171.60. Hope that makes sense!
Amstaff

Yes, it makes way more sense now. The poster making the claim for $14.8K seems really low. I once had a JD salesman I got friendly with stated there is a 25% difference between dealer cost and retail price on just about any brand. Can't verify that but I think if one used that possibility it would at least get one in the ball park. So if the list is $19K, this tractor cost him $14,250. If he sells it to you for $14,800 and the dealer gets the rebate, he clears $15,800 for the tractor. Don't know if he'd be satisfied with that profit margin. Ten years ago I priced a tractor while in kentucky visiting a bil. I was looking at a JD 990 which I think they call their 4005 now. w/fel they were selling these for 14.8K. Regions seem to make an immense difference even though every dealer is paying the same amounts for their tractors. Horse farm owners also get some kind of incentive from JD over there which obviously doesn't apply here in RI. I hope you are not planning to bring this Kubota in the woods. The way they mount their tie rods is metal just itching to get bent. One would have to fabricate one heck of guard to prevent this from happening if this were a logging tractor. Also how's the rear hitch on these things? I hope they are still not using a quartering valve.

/ L3200DT price check... #24  
L series don't use the quarter inching valve. They are position control valves.

/ L3200DT price check... #25  
Yes, it makes way more sense now. The poster making the claim for $14.8K seems really low. I once had a JD salesman I got friendly with stated there is a 25% difference between dealer cost and retail price on just about any brand. Can't verify that but I think if one used that possibility it would at least get one in the ball park. So if the list is $19K, this tractor cost him $14,250. If he sells it to you for $14,800 and the dealer gets the rebate, he clears $15,800 for the tractor. Don't know if he'd be satisfied with that profit margin. Ten years ago I priced a tractor while in kentucky visiting a bil. I was looking at a JD 990 which I think they call their 4005 now. w/fel they were selling these for 14.8K. Regions seem to make an immense difference even though every dealer is paying the same amounts for their tractors. Horse farm owners also get some kind of incentive from JD over there which obviously doesn't apply here in RI. I hope you are not planning to bring this Kubota in the woods. The way they mount their tie rods is metal just itching to get bent. One would have to fabricate one heck of guard to prevent this from happening if this were a logging tractor. Also how's the rear hitch on these things? I hope they are still not using a quartering valve.

I have had my L3200 for over 1 year now (180 hours) and I have taken it into the woods almost 90% of its useage time because thats where I live (atop a mountain in the woods). Although I understand the concern some have with regards to the tie rods, I can say from a lot of experience that this is not an issue with the L3200. It has never even come close to hitting rocks or trees or anything else contrary to how the design "looks". I have no worries about taking my tractor in the woods, and I am very cautious with my Orange toy. :smurf:

/ L3200DT price check...
Thank you for all of the great info!

This tractor would basically see light duty... mowing horse pasture, and sometimes using the loader for manure in the barn. Pretty basic stuff. Heavy lfting has been already completed on our property. I am going to try to find the time to stop into a dealer or two tomorrow.

Amstaff

/ L3200DT price check... #27  
I have had my L3200 for over 1 year now (180 hours) and I have taken it into the woods almost 90% of its useage time because thats where I live (atop a mountain in the woods). Although I understand the concern some have with regards to the tie rods, I can say from a lot of experience that this is not an issue with the L3200. It has never even come close to hitting rocks or trees or anything else contrary to how the design "looks". I have no worries about taking my tractor in the woods, and I am very cautious with my Orange toy. :smurf:

I think much has to do with the type of woods. New England has messy woods with stick ups every where. I'd be really concerned about getting this kind of front end as I even bent the tie rod on my JD and that's behind the axle. You are right however. My statement was too generalized and I should have prefaced it more. I really like the smaller L series and only wish I could own one without feeling as I do here in these woods. Plus my profession was once about wood production so I am not so careful as I should be but many times it is simply unavoidable not to run over a sapling of some sort as you are maneuvering for a not so strewn path to the landing. Perhaps a real nice protection pan or skid plate can be wrangled up but from the looks of the front end, I'm not sure where to support such nearer the tires or else I'd seriously consider this L series.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
   / L3200DT price check... #28  
L series don't use the quarter inching valve. They are position control valves.

Meaning that the 3 pt does not go up in stutter step fashion on this model?

/ L3200DT price check... #29  
Some of the L series tractors do indeed have very jerky 3 pt lifts. There are lots of threads on the subject. I bought an L4600 that was so bad that I would not keep it. I returned it and purchased an L4240. The Grand L series has a different hydraulic system. If you purchase a standard L tractor - e.g., an L3200DT - check the lift behavior at the dealer, with an implement on it. If the dealer is at a distance that makes it impractical to let you check it personally, get the dealer to check it and tell you how it behaves. Evidently, it is a crap shoot - some behave fine, some don't. Here is a thread that should help:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/268927-mx5100-jerky-3pt-hitch.html

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

/ L3200DT price check... #30  

The ad was a full half-page ad in the southeast Tractorhouse. IIRC it was Caviler International, in central VA that was selling them. It was before the latest price increase and included the either $1500-2000 rebates available at the time. I was amazed too, but that's what it said, $14.8K for a L3200DT, standard loader, no SSQA and 60" bucket.