L3200DT price check...

/ L3200DT price check... #1  

amstaff

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5530
Hello!

I am looking to buy a smaller tractor, and have looked at several models. I think the L3200DT will be perfect. I stopped by my local dealer, where I have puchased all of my equipment from and asked for their best cash deal on a L3200DT with Ag tires and a FEL. Nothing fancy. They have one in the showroom that they just put together. At this point I will mention that the dealer was recently sold, and there is an entirely new staff. I think you may know where this is going... They quoted me at $17,000 for a cash deal. Their best offer. Take it or leave it. I was dumb-founded! BTW, this includes the $1,00 rebate! Who knows, maybe this is a good price, and the reason I need to check w/ the forum. My gut tells me otherwise. In the past I always thought a 12-15% discount off of MSRP is a very good deal. Have things changed? It has been a while since I bought my L4400. With this logic (12-15% off): MSRP = $19,035 according to the Kubota website (Build My Kubota). A 12-15% discount on this would be $2,285.20-$2,855.25. Plus there is a $1,000 rebae on the L Series. This would result in a total deal of between $15,750-$15,180. Again, cash deal, no financing.

So my question is: What is a fair price for a L3200DT w/ Ags and FEL??? Am I unrealistic with thinking I may be able to get 12-15% off of the MSP???

Thanks for any help!!

Regards,

Amstaff

/ L3200DT price check... #2  
i had a l3800 r4s last spring it was a gear tractor with fel 4x4 i paid 17.5k i think you can do better on that price shop at least 3 dealers that what i did i would get at least 1 rear remote they are bout 500 for the 1st one 2nd one is 200 more gd luck chuck

/ L3200DT price check... #3  
I dont think thats a fair deal for the L3200DT. Maybe the HST model, but not standard transmission. I bought my L3200 in 2011, and it was around 16,000 with FEL. I bought the BH77 backhoe, and trailer and total package was $25,000. I'd look elsewhere....sounds like they are robbing you. :smurf:

By the way....The L3200DT is one awesome tractor....I think you'll love it....I know I do!

/ L3200DT price check... #4  
This summer one of the dealers here in VA was offering bare-bones L3200DT's with the standard loader (no SSQA) for $14,800 cash.

/ L3200DT price check...
Thanks for the info. It seems really high to me. Is 12-15% reasonable on the L-Series?

/ L3200DT price check... #6  
Thanks for the info. It seems really high to me. Is 12-15% reasonable on the L-Series?

Your not off-beat with that logic, however too many factors have to be figured in. I just shop several dealers and compare prices. As Verticaltrx mentioned above the L3200 with standard loader is 14,800, but keep in mind its not a "quick attach" loader. I would HIGHLY suggest you do a lot of research before making a deal on any tractor so that you know exactly what you want and what your willing to pay. Armed with logic about what these tractors and impliments are selling for elsewhere can make a huge difference. By the way, if they offer a trailer with the deal look at my threads under "Owning and Operating" called "HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR" so that you know what mess you could get into and know what your looking for as far as the trailer and the law is concerned. Any questions, I would be glad to answer for you.

/ L3200DT price check...
This summer one of the dealers here in VA was offering bare-bones L3200DT's with the standard loader (no SSQA) for $14,800 cash.

Now that's the deal I'm looking for! There is hope... I'm not crazy, and can get one much cheaper than $17k!

/ L3200DT price check...
Your not off-beat with that logic, however too many factors have to be figured in. I just shop several dealers and compare prices. As Verticaltrx mentioned above the L3200 with standard loader is 14,800, but keep in mind its not a "quick attach" loader. I would HIGHLY suggest you do a lot of research before making a deal on any tractor so that you know exactly what you want and what your willing to pay. Armed with logic about what these tractors and impliments are selling for elsewhere can make a huge difference. By the way, if they offer a trailer with the deal look at my threads under "Owning and Operating" called "HOW DO YOU TOW YOUR TRACTOR" so that you know what mess you could get into and know what your looking for as far as the trailer and the law is concerned. Any questions, I would be glad to answer for you.

Thanks for the info Pappasmurf. This is actually my 4th tractor, so at this point, I know exactly what I'm looking for in a cheaper, smaller tractor. I have several Kubota dealers near me, so I think I just may go in with a set number and a checkbook and see if they will cut a deal. I would be happy with a deal near $15,500, so we will see. As far as the trailer, got that covered as my largest tractor needs a 14k deckover!

/ L3200DT price check... #9  
If you can get it for under $16K I'd say that would be a fair deal. About 12% off is the lowest they will go locally and different models have more 'wiggle room'.

FWIW, I paid $16K for my B3200 in 2009, and it was a good deal then.

/ L3200DT price check... #10  
L3200DT/HST gets a $1000 CIR for CASH and the LA524FL loader gets a $500 CIR for cash OR financed = $1500.00 off.