good deal...grand l3940

/ good deal...grand l3940 #1  

pierrem

Tractor
kubota grand l3940
Bought a 2012 Grand L 3940 with 45 hours on it....FEL....Box Blade....woods 6' finish mower....grapple w bucket ....add'l hydraulics on 3pt hitch and FEL control....$25,000..cash ....good price?...whats it worth?

Don't need the finish mower but want to get a brush hog...suggestions?...also want to get a wood chipper/shredder..suggestions?

thanks

/ good deal...grand l3940 #2  
Congratulations on the new purchase. You felt it was a good price and bought it. That's really all that matters. I think you did well. You got a great tractor that is nicely equipped with extras like the FEL, grapple, and additional hydraulics. The box blade and finish mower enhance the deal. You can probably work out a deal somehow that'll exchange the finish mower for a brush hog with little or no money involved.

I don't own a chipper, but much of what I read suggests a Wallenstein is a preferred manufacturer. I think your tractor would work well with the model BX62.

Could you post some pictures of your purchase?

Have fun with it!

/ good deal...grand l3940 #3  
That sounds like a very good deal to me. I'll second the Wallenstein suggestion, too. That would be my first choice.

/ good deal...grand l3940 #4  
Congrats! I would call that a good deal. What brand/model of grapple do you have?

Has the 50 hr service been done on your new tractor? If not, you can count on it costing $300 if you do it your self, and $400-500 if the dealer does it. Also, be sure to keep an eye on the lug nut torque - I had to have one of the front wheels replaced on my 2012 L5740 at 38 hrs because they loosened and egged out the holes in the rim. Manual says to check every 50 hrs, but obviously there can be some break in during the first 50 hrs that make it worth keeping an eye on.

Wallenstein seems like one of the better liked chippers out there based on the research I have done, but I don't have one....yet.

/ good deal...grand l3940 #5  
Bought a 2012 Grand L 3940 with 45 hours on it....FEL....Box Blade....woods 6' finish mower....grapple w bucket ....add'l hydraulics on 3pt hitch and FEL control....$25,000..cash ....good price?...whats it worth?

Don't need the finish mower but want to get a brush hog...suggestions?...also want to get a wood chipper/shredder..suggestions?

thanks

If you are happy, then it was a great deal and i wouldn't care if I'd pay $28,000. Many times people are worried about what they are spending instead of what they are giving themselves with the new item. These are things that cannot be measured with dollar signs as they are priceless. Good luck with your new equipment. I'd only get a chipper if you cannot burn brush piles. The grapple will be your best friend in this regard.

/ good deal...grand l3940 #6  

thanks

Your in Erie, Pa? I'm about 80 miles east of you. Where did you find that tractor? I've been looking on Pennswoods and Craigslist. Anyhow, I just bought a 2010 Grand L 3940 Gst with FEL and 250 hours for 18,300 I have to head up close to Buffalo to pick it up this Friday. I need to put a rear remote on it, been calling around for prices, looks like a single remote is gonna run around $800.00 Ouch... I'd say you did alright.

/ good deal...grand l3940 #7  
I think you did great. Just bought new L3940, R4's filled, SSQA bucket, 2 rear remotes, mid pto, LP RC 1872, 7' medium duty rear blade, and 48" WR Long grapple and third function hydraulics for around $32k.

/ good deal...grand l3940
thanks to all...I love the tractor.....I did get all the fluids changed after I bought it...thought about a snow blower but so far have been able to remove as much as 14" with the fel and the box blade...not perfect but gets the job done. ...I found it on Craigslist in Jamestown NY.....I have 75 acres in chautauqua county...no burning in NY....i also have the wr long grapple...thanks for heads up on lug nuts.

/ good deal...grand l3940
You can burn in NY. Just make sure it's a "Ceremonial Fire"..... :laughing:

Is that true?....I lived in Wi for a lot of years and you would get a burning permit and have it at...I understand no burning in NY