Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    kubota grand l3940

Default good deal...grand l3940

Bought a 2012 Grand L 3940 with 45 hours on it....FEL....Box Blade....woods 6' finish mower....grapple w bucket ....add'l hydraulics on 3pt hitch and FEL control....$25,000..cash ....good price?...whats it worth?

Don't need the finish mower but want to get a brush hog...suggestions?...also want to get a wood chipper/shredder..suggestions?

thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Ford 641, Kubota L3200 HST

Default Re: good deal...grand l3940

Congratulations on the new purchase. You felt it was a good price and bought it. That's really all that matters. I think you did well. You got a great tractor that is nicely equipped with extras like the FEL, grapple, and additional hydraulics. The box blade and finish mower enhance the deal. You can probably work out a deal somehow that'll exchange the finish mower for a brush hog with little or no money involved.

I don't own a chipper, but much of what I read suggests a Wallenstein is a preferred manufacturer. I think your tractor would work well with the model BX62.

Could you post some pictures of your purchase?

Have fun with it!

Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

That sounds like a very good deal to me. I'll second the Wallenstein suggestion, too. That would be my first choice.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

Congrats! I would call that a good deal. What brand/model of grapple do you have?

Has the 50 hr service been done on your new tractor? If not, you can count on it costing $300 if you do it your self, and $400-500 if the dealer does it. Also, be sure to keep an eye on the lug nut torque - I had to have one of the front wheels replaced on my 2012 L5740 at 38 hrs because they loosened and egged out the holes in the rim. Manual says to check every 50 hrs, but obviously there can be some break in during the first 50 hrs that make it worth keeping an eye on.

Wallenstein seems like one of the better liked chippers out there based on the research I have done, but I don't have one....yet.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
    Bought a 2012 Grand L 3940 with 45 hours on it....FEL....Box Blade....woods 6' finish mower....grapple w bucket ....add'l hydraulics on 3pt hitch and FEL control....$25,000..cash ....good price?...whats it worth?

Don't need the finish mower but want to get a brush hog...suggestions?...also want to get a wood chipper/shredder..suggestions?

thanks
    If you are happy, then it was a great deal and i wouldn't care if I'd pay $28,000. Many times people are worried about what they are spending instead of what they are giving themselves with the new item. These are things that cannot be measured with dollar signs as they are priceless. Good luck with your new equipment. I'd only get a chipper if you cannot burn brush piles. The grapple will be your best friend in this regard.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    s

thanks
    Your in Erie, Pa? I'm about 80 miles east of you. Where did you find that tractor? I've been looking on Pennswoods and Craigslist. Anyhow, I just bought a 2010 Grand L 3940 Gst with FEL and 250 hours for 18,300 I have to head up close to Buffalo to pick it up this Friday. I need to put a rear remote on it, been calling around for prices, looks like a single remote is gonna run around $800.00 Ouch... I'd say you did alright.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940; 1942 Farmall H (for sale)

I think you did great. Just bought new L3940, R4's filled, SSQA bucket, 2 rear remotes, mid pto, LP RC 1872, 7' medium duty rear blade, and 48" WR Long grapple and third function hydraulics for around $32k.

Tractor
    kubota grand l3940

thanks to all...I love the tractor.....I did get all the fluids changed after I bought it...thought about a snow blower but so far have been able to remove as much as 14" with the fel and the box blade...not perfect but gets the job done. ...I found it on Craigslist in Jamestown NY.....I have 75 acres in chautauqua county...no burning in NY....i also have the wr long grapple...thanks for heads up on lug nuts.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

...no burning in NY...
    You can burn in NY. Just make sure it's a "Ceremonial Fire".....

Tractor
    kubota grand l3940

Quote Originally Posted by crazyangel View Post
    You can burn in NY. Just make sure it's a "Ceremonial Fire".....
    Is that true?....I lived in Wi for a lot of years and you would get a burning permit and have it at...I understand no burning in NY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast