pricing M7040

/ pricing M7040 #1  

forgottenben

Looking at a M7040, hydraulic clutch, one remote, 4x4, fel w/quick attach, canopy, grill guard and fluid in rear tires. kubota website price is 39,828. Dealer is quoting 34,459, which is a 13.5% discount off the website. I have multiple dealers around me, but this is the one I usually do business with. What should I be trying for for price? Thanks

/ pricing M7040 #2  
That's a good price right there if it is the deluxe model (HD). You can offer less but don't expect the dealer to go much lower and keep the lights on.

The SU model is less desirable just because of the lack of bells and whistles. It should be several thousand less.

/ pricing M7040 #3  
thats a good price i have a 7040sud fel 4x4 2 remotes loaded tires caster centers manuel tranny i paid around 30k try to get a thousand off of that maybe he will meet you in the middle say 500 more off

/ pricing M7040 #4  
Sounds like a fair price. I am working a 6040 deal and currently I am 1500 cheaper with same features. I am trading in a tc40das so my deal between local dealers will be decided on trade in plus special consideration to dealer which I have best history with. I do plan to hit them for the second rear remote to close the deal. Good luck with everything!

/ pricing M7040 #5  
[cmbertrand;
u know you can a front limted slip stand on the 7040 for 2k more then the 6040 if you need that

/ pricing M7040 #6  
Does that include the factory rebate that is now going on? I don't recall the amount.

/ pricing M7040 #7  
the rebates are a thousand even on the M series

/ pricing M7040 #8  
My deal is without the 1k rebate b/c I am using the 0% finance offer. I thought about the 7040 and the fe limited slip but only one of those in the area and dealer is holding out on price. Was in Houston last week and stopped at two dealers to check prices for upcoming purchase and neither lot had a 70 or a 60 for that matter. Limited slip is not real important for what I use the tractor for. My 40d has been great but need extra hp for 8' cutter so I can cut down on seat time.

Not to steal thread but a quick question about upcoming purchase. Thought I saw some of the 1153 loaders with a curved lever and others with straight? Is one for cab tractor?

/ pricing M7040 #9  
Not to steal thread but a quick question about upcoming purchase. Thought I saw some of the 1153 loaders with a curved lever and others with straight? Is one for cab tractor?

The curved ones could have been for a third function valve. When I added third function the new joystick had a different bend to it.

/ pricing M7040 #10  
i have a curved lever on mine it doesnot have the 3rd function valve