Barlows - always a good bet?

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #1  

ohbehave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 (2012)
I live reasonably close to Barlows and have read only good things about them.

I have called them and got some quotes and the buying from them seems as convenient as buying locally.

Is it usually the case the Barlows is going to beat the local dealer...or darn close to the local dealers best price? (just in case I want to be a slacker ... not having to go around bargain hunting)

I'm thinking I'll get a new B3200SU.

They've got a nice B3200su used with a landpride pushog, quick attach option in the back, and FL for 15,000....and only 53 hrs on it. That is an interesting option.

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #2  
I live in Ohio and have done two trades with Barlow's and they were excellent to deal with each time both in price and communication. It sounds like you live close enough to check out the used 3200 in person. 53 is nothing hour wise and sounds like it would be worth checking out for both cosmetics and price.

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #3  
I live reasonably close to Barlows and have read only good things about them.

I have called them and got some quotes and the buying from them seems as convenient as buying locally.

Is it usually the case the Barlows is going to beat the local dealer...or darn close to the local dealers best price? (just in case I want to be a slacker ... not having to go around bargain hunting)

I'm thinking I'll get a new B3200SU.

They've got a nice B3200su used with a landpride pushog, quick attach option in the back, and FL for 15,000....and only 53 hrs on it. That is an interesting option.
Good deal and better if they include delivery. Beats the options in Maryville and Knoxville. I can't deal with brothers Tyler. I go to Athens for my service materials. The machine itself is still brand new, per se.

From reading here, Barlows has mastered the art of online and cross-country sales with customer satisfaction. Can't beat that with a stick....

$0.02

/ Barlows - always a good bet?
Cool. Thanks.

I'm not driving up there, but I have read here that their mechanics know what they are doing.... and my conversation on the phone was with a real human being (not a salesman at all.... it was Steve Barlow.

He was incredibly laid back (in a southerner kind of way)... he seemed to just be giving me advice and didn't seem to be bothered with all of my questions.

Part of the hassle of shopping around is that I often forget all of the variables included on each price. For instance, I often forget something about what I discussed with one guy. Like, "oh crap, did that price include the nicer bush hog?...or was it an off brand?.... or what about delivery?". And then I don't want to call the saleman back a re-bother him with follow up questions.

If Barlows is a solid company that gives fair prices, I may as well go with them.

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #5  
I would buy from Barlows again. Like you said, they are easy to deal with.

/ Barlows - always a good bet?
I meant to ask:
Do you pay your local state sales tax on these Barlow sales?....or Barlow's Kentucky tax?

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #7  
You should pay your state tax.

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #9  
I bought my Kubotas from my local dealer, but my son lives close to Barlow's and bought his there. He is a good dealer, fair and honest from all that i have seen and heard. I don't know about Tennessee, but in Kentucky there is no sales tax on farm equipment if it is a recognized farm by the state.

/ Barlows - always a good bet? #10  
I can't really see how Barlows can compete with local dealers. It is not cheap to run a truck across the country hauling a tractor. I guess some areas must have some really high priced dealers. I am not sure if some people are paying tax on their tractor when they buy out of state.