Am I MISSING something???

/ Am I MISSING something??? #1  

stvman

Gold Member
Tractor
A very tired Case 580 (looking to downsize)
I don't get it. After looking at every brand within 200 miles of me trying several diffrent tractors I decided I liked the Kubota 3130 HST the best (smoothness of the hydro). I lemented the fact that I wish they worked a little harder in the design of the tractor to give me a better view of the loader like the NH TC35-45 models (also prefer the two petal hydro )but came to the conclusion is was the best compromise.

OK time to order right? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Not so fast! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I ask the dealer if I can get the smaller R4's from the L 35 to lower the center of gravity of the tractor to which he responds I don't see a problem with that seeing how the L35 is based on a3410, but call Kubota tech support an get the ok from them. So I /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif call Kubota expecting on ok. Again not so fast! They tell me if I change the tire size it will void the tractors warranty, to which I respond if I got AG or Turf tires the tire height changes. As long as the front to rear ratios are the same it should not make a diffrence what size tire is on the tractor. Then Im told each tire combo is tested on the tractor even if you change from a 4ply to a 6ply tire it would void the warranty(something they have refused warranty on before because it caused front axle seal failure). WHAAAAAT! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I don't get it can someone explain this to me? I guess this isn't Burger King you dont get it your way! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Am I MISSING something??? #2  
First off, I think you'll love the tractor. I could not be happier with mine. As to Kubota's answers, I'd chalk it up to lawyers more than functionality. Matter of fact, I'm kinda surprised you can still get it your way at BK with all the obesity lawsuits going on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Different sized tire and rim combinations will alter gearing, speed indicators, and perhaps even the tractors hour meter. If Kubota has tested using the options they offer, then they are aware of the differences and have either signed off on them or the dealer adjusts for the different sizes when installing the new wheel/tire combos. In addition, the tractor is tested with specified tires and Kubota knows these work. Other combinations may or may not affect tractor stability, safety, or component life expectancy.

In all, it's a different world we live in now. The manufacturer has to protect themselves and consider all possibilities. Those they can control are accepted risks - those they can not will void the warranty.

/ Am I MISSING something??? #3  
the l3130 has digital computor that probably remembers evey time you hit w.o.t. or stalled it ect.i could see where they would not want to warranty it.love my 3830 except the fact you cant get in from the r/h side.bws

/ Am I MISSING something??? #4  
have to agree, for some reason most tractors seem difficult to mount fron the rh/s wonder why /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif mabey it is because of the joystick?

/ Am I MISSING something??? #5  
I've never had a tractor that I could mount from either side (well, actually I've never had a tractor before period), so it's a lost advantage for me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can see where it could be an advantage, but the FEL joystck seems rather happy there, and then there's the HST pedal - so it's kinda crowded on the right anyway. Say, you don't suppose the English version is right hand drive? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Am I MISSING something??? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( love my 3830 except the fact you cant get in from the r/h side )</font>

I always mounted my horses from the left side.
I get in my car and pickup on the left side.
I usually got on and off bicycles and motorcycles from the left side.
And I've used bigger tractors with 2 or 3 steps on the left side (none on the right side).

Just never considered it to be a factor worth thinking about. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Am I MISSING something??? #7  
Bird,

You only get in your car or pickup on the left side because you drive on the right side of the road...BUT...

Why is it the we BOTH do always get on the motorcycles and bicycles from the left side? I mean ALWAYS unless there is a real strong reason that doing so is not possible?

Horses...besides holding mine...never really had much experience there...but I would probably follow your lead there too... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Am I MISSING something??? #8  
Bill - here's a weak theory - on bicycles the kickstand is on the left - maybe got put there because the chain is on the right. Motorcycles have the kickstand on the left too so getting on is a natural from the left side.

Getting on a horse from the right can't be done. Period. (like I said it's a weak theory) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Am I MISSING something??? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Getting on a horse from the right can't be done. Period. )</font>

When I was a kid and had horses, I was told that, too. However, gentle horses can frequently be mounted from either side without them objecting. And how long has it been since you watched a rodeo? I think most of the calf ropers (right handed ones anyway) bail off on the right side and many of them go back, after tying the calf, and re-mount on the right side.

/ Am I MISSING something??? #10  
Lots of bicycles don't have kick stands.

I get on mine from whatever side is handy. Same for getting off. Shucks, there are times I even dismount over the top of the handlebars.

Egon