Buying Advice 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you?

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #21  
Thanks or advice.The real test is getting time off to take a trip up to see it.I n the meantime i spend countless hrs reading/learning on tbn,an looking at other used tractors for sale.Seems like that whole set up is unusually cheap with so few hrs,or am i wrong.At least compared to just a 4240 with fel.Thanks again.keep you posted.

I recently bought a used RTV900 40% cheaper than equivalent units on the market. Sometimes a good deal is being in the right place at the right time. I would make the trip to check it out at the very least.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you?
I am planning to take a trip an see it.In meantme i found a L4600 with fel and bh for 28,700 delivered.Seems fair, plus piece of mind knowing who and how it was used.Thanks for deaing with the back and forth of buying a tractor.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #23  
Even though they have the basic same engine and similar appearance, the L4240 is considerably more tractor than the L4600. More hydraulic capacity, way more lifting capacity on the 3 pt, 400 lbs heavier, much stronger FEL. It also has the HST+ transmission, which is generally considered the best in the market. People sometimes get distracted by the Grand L's being "deluxe" tractors and assume the only differences vs the standard models involve creature comfort and frills. Up to you whether additional capability would have value for your situation; for me the larger FEL (mine is similar but older) has been a big plus. Good idea looking at each to decide which is the better choice. Ain't tractor buying fun?

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #24  
What Grandad4 said, we looked at the regular L Series before looking at the Grand L and once we saw the Grand L, there was no question you get more than just "nice" features in the Grand L. The MX5100 is also worth consideration though it doesn't have the HST+. I was honestly a little skeptical about the utility of the HST+ until I used one.