Buying Advice 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you?

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #1  

culvers

Tractor
MX5100
09 L4240hst,la854 loader,QA bucket,BH90a bakhoe,310 hrs,26k. 2011 L4400 hst,la854 loader,rotary cutter rcr1248,box scraper bb1248,76 hrs,25k.2013 mx5100hst,la844 loader,r4 tires,rear remote,o hrs.26,800.My biggest bang for the buck is 4400?but grapple work is primary use.Need youre guys help,much appreciated.Want to buy this week.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #2  
I think I would lean towards the L4240 due to the BH for that price and only 310hrs. The L4400 you are getting a couple of attachments which is nice and the MX5100 is a very nice tractor, I'm a little bias though. You may be able to do a better price on the latter I would think. All three can handle a grapple no problems.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #3  
my 1st choice would be the L4240 , if you have have no need for a backhoe you can always sell it that would reduce your initial cost quite a bit.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #4  
L4240 hands down.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #5  
I would lean towards the L4240 as well.

I believe that the L4400 came with a smaller loader and not the LA8XX series, if that helps with your choice.

Last edited:
   / 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you?
Thanks for replying so quick.I did have concerns with 4400 loader,doing grapple work.I will send picks when i purchase.Couldnt/wouldnt want to buy without you guys responses.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #7  
I will add my voice to the choir, nothing wrong with the L4400 or MX5100, I just think the L4240 offers more value. You will really like the HST+ over a standard HST.

/ 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #8  
While I have done plenty of grapple work with my L3430 tractor with the LA723 loader, the larger (more lift that is) loader of the L4240 will come in handy. Additionally, I have found that there is no better ballast to help with loader work and other FEL uses than having that backhoe hanging off the rear. I have found that I use my backhoe as often as the FEL; you will not go wrong with having the backhoe in your 'toolbox'.

Last edited:
   / 1 of these is mine,wich one if it was you? #9  
I have an MX 5100F gear model. I would not recommend it for grapple work. The rear end is light even with loaded rear tires. Don't get me wrong, I like my tractor but it is light and spins easily even with the 6' box scrape on it. I would need wheel weighs and/or a ballast box for grapple work. Mine was purchased new in 2011 with a 6' rotary tiller for less than your quote.