Buying Advice Used BX or riding mower vs. current 1991 Case 1130

/ Used BX or riding mower vs. current 1991 Case 1130 #21  
This is the area we have cleared. My boys and I are cutting the green briar thorn vines. I am trying to attach pic to post

I am not going to be doing this type of work forever. We are having the land cleared via 50 ton excavator. I wanted to clear vines and scrub from areas that will not be touched with excavator.

Sure looks like you have done a fine job on that; great picture thanks for posting.

/ Used BX or riding mower vs. current 1991 Case 1130 #22  
This is the area we have cleared. My boys and I are cutting the green briar thorn vines. I am trying to attach pic to post

I am not going to be doing this type of work forever. We are having the land cleared via 50 ton excavator. I wanted to clear vines and scrub from areas that will not be touched with excavator.

I think you would be amazed at what you could do with a B sized 4wd tractor with a loader having a toothbar, ratchet rake or similar device. Along with the brushcutter you already have it would transform your land clearing by letting you move logs and stumps (cut into manageable lengths, of course) instead of trying to drive over them, knock down the vines and undergrowth and shred them. I think your productivity would increase by an order of magnitude.

/ Used BX or riding mower vs. current 1991 Case 1130 #23  
Looking at your photo, it looks like a BX would handle it well. A Kubota B sized tractor might also work well for you. Lot at them both and decide. I've owned a BX for several years and it does everything I want.

Don't listen to the other poster, he is just trying to spend your money. If I were spending your money, I'd say get a construction grade mini ex., a skid steer, a D4 sized bull dozer, about $50,000 worth of attachements, a big rig to haul all that stuff with, and then your set for life.