Do I need a BX 1800?

/ Do I need a BX 1800? #21  
scootch,

Last week I signed the papers on a BX2200 with 60" MMM. It was delivered last Thursday I think. I paid $10,375. I had really expected to pay around $10,000 even, but the bx2200 is in high demand around here, apparently due to the low financing and for whatever other reasons may be out there.

Now for an extra $125 the dealer thru in a heavy duty alternator and block heater, and even gave me the original alternater and voltage regulater. Also 6 month free pick up and delivery should I have any warrenty needs.

I did not get a loader for the bx. WHAT??? you are probably thinking... The reason was because I have a B2910 with a loader and backhoe.

Even then...I am still not sure I did right by not getting the loader! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif But not getting it was probably the right thing to do, as I already have one... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prices vary a bit by location...sounds like your prices are in the ballpark.

/ Do I need a BX 1800? #22  
Scootch,

If you go with the FEL then you won't need the back blade. Go for another freebie instead!

Also, a couple of things on the Trac-Vac. First, if you're planning on the Kubota financing, try to get it included in the 0% deal - sometimes they will do it, sometimes they won't. Second, see if the dealer will give you 90 days warranty on the engine on the Trac-Vac. The small engines on these things are usually the weakest point.

There's no harm in calling a few Kubota dealerships in your area to get a better test of pricing. I'm sure there have to be a few in the SE PA region. If you go to the Kubota Web Page you can type in your zip and get a list of nearby dealers. Nothing like a bit of competition! You don't have to beat your local dealer up, but I'm sure you can at least get them to split the price difference if one of their competitors is lower.

Good luck with the purchase.

/ Do I need a BX 1800? #23  
My dealer told me that a BX2200 will bring far greater trade in value than a BX1800. I have no idea why they even made a BX1500! The difference in price in my area for a 1500 vs 2200 was less than $1000.00 I have a 450 ft drive way that is up a slight grade. I also have 3 acres that I mow twice a week to keep as a lawn. The BX2200 has been great for me so far. I am totally new to tractor ownership, but I know the BX2200 will be with me until I'm old and gray (that's a long time since I'm only 30! hahaha) The 7500 and 7800 are a much bigger frame tractor, but the horsepower on the 2200 is what I wanted. Also with a lot of steep banks, I felt the 2200 hugs the ground more so than the 7500 or 7800 and it made me feel safer. I hope this helps. This message board has been great for me!
Mike
Southeast Ohio /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif