I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest?

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #1  

ka41

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 L5240HST
I currently have a 2009 L5240HST with LA854 loader and it only has 80-85 hours on it and in like new condition. I bought this thinking that I was going to be purchasing some extra land but the deal fell through. I really don't need a tractor this big as I only use it for occasional grading of my drive and a few other misc things. What I would like to find is a 35-40 hp kubota tractor/loader that I could trade for and have an extra $10k for the purchase of a corvette. The tractor doesn't have to have HST but at least GST. What would you all suggest?
Thanks.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #2  
I would sell it outright. I should compare well with a Tier 4 machine

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #3  
I currently have a 2009 L5240HST with LA854 loader and it only has 80-85 hours on it and in like new condition. I bought this thinking that I was going to be purchasing some extra land but the deal fell through. I really don't need a tractor this big as I only use it for occasional grading of my drive and a few other misc things. What I would like to find is a 35-40 hp kubota tractor/loader that I could trade for and have an extra $10k for the purchase of a corvette. The tractor doesn't have to have HST but at least GST. What would you all suggest?
Thanks.

You need to specify if you want to downsize in actual size or just hp and investment.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest?
It doesn't really matter just as long as its around 35-40 hp. Mainly looking to free up some $.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #5  
Well I am a fan of the GL's so you could move down to a l3540 or cheaper yet the a l3800 or older version of the standard L's. L3400, L4400 or the likes.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #6  
Do you have any attachments you are planning on keeping? Do you want new or would a low hour used tractor be of interest to you? Do you think a B3030 (30 hp) tractor be too small for you, it would be my go to option for a used tractor to do thinks like grade roads and other odd jobs around the house.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #7  
I would look at the B7800, B3030, or L3130. The L3130 has everything as the one you have now and loader is just right for the tractor. Just no HST+.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest?
I'm looking for a L series. I had a b3030 and its smaller than what I am looking for. I would like to find something 35-40 hp with a quick attach bucket.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #9  
Since you already have a grand L, I would look for a L3540 or L3940. Same featured that you now have but smaller.

/ I'm looking to downsize, what do you suggest? #10  
Your tractor is just slightly larger than a L3800 or L3540. I don't think it is worth it to downsize. I had a Bobcat CT235, I can't tell that the L4240 is a larger tractor.