Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

Default Re: What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L?

Quote Originally Posted by 1savoy View Post
    I think there are more than just first time buyers buying them. I bought one even after reading alot of the threads and watching the videos. I tried a couple of L's out locally before deciding to buy from Barlow's. This is actually the forth tractor I have owned, not including garden tractors. For what I needed this tractor for, the three point hitch is not an issue. Actually the backhoe really never comes off, but I do feel that it is over hyped from what I have seen. Not saying some of the older L's did seem really bad in the videos. I think the newer L's are livable. I think with the right touch, they are fine for most uses. Now it would be nice to have it smooth as a Grand, but I knew that I was buying an economy model, and the pros outweighed the cons. That is all I really need at the moment is a basic machine with a backhoe. It is nice that people are informed about it and let them try one before purchasing to make sure it is something they can live with. I think this is somewhat similar to sudden stop in reverse in the BX's. Some can not stand it and others seem fine using them.
    I agree with this completely. If you don't need fine control over the 3pt hitch operation, and your needs don't include grading with a box blade or implements like a boom pole, or 3pt PHD, then the Standard L's and MX's are great value tractors. It really is all about matching the tractor to your needs and desires. I think the issue for some is the expectation that even an economy model should have a smooth operating hitch. Education and knowledge of what you are buying is the most important aspect to me though...

Tractor
    L4600 L3000 Ford Jubile

I just traded my GL3010 for a L4600 I relly like the 4600 better setup than my 3010 had it in the woods yesterday, nice tractor plenty of power

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

my l3800 i had had the jerky 3pt i put well over 1000 hour on one tractor alone not including a dozer a backhoe im not talking mine a 580 case a cat 943

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

the grands have a much better fel then non grand im talk lift cap and like other have said they wieght more then standard L series there much better tractors

Tractor
    JD 5055E

[QUOTE=3boys865;3203407]How about video evidence then.... check out MX5100 - YouTube

This is video of a brand new 2012 MX5100 that I recently purchased. QUOTE]

I watched the video.
    I found that if I turned off the sound and closed my eyes the jerky hitch went away. It's just a rumor started by the Green Tractor guys.

Justin Denial

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by 1savoy View Post
    I think there are more than just first time buyers buying them. I bought one even after reading alot of the threads and watching the videos. I tried a couple of L's out locally before deciding to buy from Barlow's. This is actually the forth tractor I have owned, not including garden tractors. For what I needed this tractor for, the three point hitch is not an issue. Actually the backhoe really never comes off, but I do feel that it is over hyped from what I have seen. Not saying some of the older L's did seem really bad in the videos. I think the newer L's are livable. I think with the right touch, they are fine for most uses. Now it would be nice to have it smooth as a Grand, but I knew that I was buying an economy model, and the pros outweighed the cons. That is all I really need at the moment is a basic machine with a backhoe. It is nice that people are informed about it and let them try one before purchasing to make sure it is something they can live with. I think this is somewhat similar to sudden stop in reverse in the BX's. Some can not stand it and others seem fine using them.

The point of my post was that because many of the std L models are purchased by total newbies to the tractor world, that those people do not complain about the hitch because they do not realize that there is anything wrong. So all of those potential problems are never heard about, because the owners don't realize that the operation of the hitch could be much better. People as yourself who don't really use the 3pt hitch, don't care that there is a problem, because it does not affect anything that you are doing. So what difference does it make, none. You bought an economy tractor and you were aware of the problem, but that problem does not affect your use, so it simply does not matter,TO YOU.

But the problem is still there. As more people become aware of it, especially none newbies that use the 3pt hitch, the std L series models will drop in sales and kubota will need to address the problem.

Just my , doesn't mean a thing.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Case IH 255, Gravely 8199G

[QUOTE=Notforhire;3203596][QUOTE=3boys865;3203407]How about video evidence then.... check out MX5100 - YouTube

I watched the video.
    I found that if I turned off the sound and closed my eyes the jerky hitch went away. It's just a rumor started by the Green Tractor guys.

That is one jerky hitch in the video, almost like it was pulsing under pressure. Can this be moderated by adjusting the hydraulic sensitivity knob?

Tractor
    JD 5055E

[QUOTE=daugen;3203673][QUOTE=Notforhire;3203596]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3boys865 View Post
    How about video evidence then.... check out MX5100 - YouTube

I watched the video.

That is one jerky hitch in the video, almost like it was pulsing under pressure. Can this be moderated by adjusting the hydraulic sensitivity knob?
    Nope!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

[QUOTE=daugen;3203673][QUOTE=Notforhire;3203596]
    How about video evidence then.... check out MX5100 - YouTube

I watched the video.

If you are referring to the drop rate knob in front of and below the edge of the seat... no. It has no effect on anything but the rate the fluid escapes the cylinder back to the tank.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    L4600 L3000 Ford Jubile

The L4600 that I have does not have a jerky 3pt hitch, as far as an "economy tractor", they are priced lower than the Grand L series. Like I said in my previous post, I traded a Grand L 3010, which I bought new 12 years ago. The L4600 has a better PTO setup, better cruise control and has the same feather step HST as the GL 3010 I traded. I guess that would make the GL 3010 an "econmy tractor" in todays market. I think you would be happy with the 4600 it has more power, that is why I traded my 3010 for the 4600. I needed more power, I always thought the 3010 was a little under powered for it's weight.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast