Comparison What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L?

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #51  
Or just bypass the seat switch. I found it very annoying to have the engine cut out every time I stood up for loader work.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #52  
kuboman said:
Or just bypass the seat switch. I found it very annoying to have the engine cut out every time I stood up for loader work.

How did you go about it? I would LOVE to have the same capability, for the same reason.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #53  

First wrap some duct tape around the under-seat switch. It will not maintain the switch closed but provides padding. Next, use a velcro strap(s) around the duct tape to hold the switch closed.

I used the velcro straps sold in rolls for binding up extension cords. They have a "slot" one end and a trimmed tail on the other. Common stuff.

You could probably also use one or two cable ties but velcro is generally wider and probably vibration proof.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #54  
jeff9366 said:
First wrap some duct tape around the under-seat switch. It will not maintain the switch closed but provides padding. Next, use a velcro strap(s) around the duct tape to hold the switch closed.

I used the velcro straps sold in rolls for binding up extension cords. They have a "slot" one end and a trimmed tail on the other. Common stuff.

You could probably also use one or two cable ties but velcro is generally wider and probably vibration proof.

Thank you! I could see this working for the under-seat switch, but what does one do for the inside-the-seat-switch?

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #55  
Thank you! I could see this working for the under-seat switch, but what does one do for the inside-the-seat-switch?

My B3300SU has the finicky under-seat switch, now closed with duct + velcro, plus a less finicky treadle switch, which requires grease in the pivot zerk on a regular basis to keep the switch happy.

I do not know of an inside-the-seat-switch, but, then, I have a "B" and not an "L".

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #56  
I just unplugged the switch under the seat and then jumpered the plug on the tractor wiring.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #57  
Yeah, the Grand L has a pesky wire running into the seat itself.

I've heard of this "jumpering" the cable. Is this something I can find on YouTube? I don't know much (anything) about electronics.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #58  
The 724 tests were taken from a 3940 which operates at 2770 psi, while the 3240 and the 3540 only has 2620 psi. So I'm not getting anywhere near the lift cap that I thought I was going to get.

there is another piece to the pie there. the valve has a bypass that opens before it hits the max tractor operating pressure. I'm not sure what that pressure is without looking, but its well below the supply pressure of both tractors. The reason the L3940 is mentioned in the spec is because the tires are frame are slightly different than the other models.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #59  
there is another piece to the pie there. the valve has a bypass that opens before it hits the max tractor operating pressure. I'm not sure what that pressure is without looking, but its well below the supply pressure of both tractors. The reason the L3940 is mentioned in the spec is because the tires are frame are slightly different than the other models.

The pressure settings I posted are max settings from the service manual. I guess my point is, unless you crank up the pressure beyond the amount that Kubota says it should be, the loader will lift less on a 3240 or a 3540, than on a 3940.
I'm sure that my dealer wouldn't do that adjustment. They set mine to the max for a 3240. From what I can see the safety valve pressure setting is the same for all three models. The 3940 has a larger pump which would change cycle time, I would imagine.
I understand what your saying about the tires, as it would change the lift height, but a change in pressure is a change in lifting ability with the same loader, or I'm I missing something here?

Best, Bill

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #60  
When someone talks about jumpering, they mean to stick a paper clip (or another metalic object) in it. For example, if you looked at the backside of the connector coming from the tractor, you would see a couple little rubber grommets in it around the wires to keep water out. If you slid the 2 ends of a paper clip in-between the wire and grommet in each of these 2 holes, then you would be jumpering the switch whether this connector was plugged into the seat or not.