Comparison What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L?

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #61  
The pressure settings I posted are max settings from the service manual. I guess my point is, unless you crank up the pressure beyond the amount that Kubota says it should be, the loader will lift less on a 3240 or a 3540, than on a 3940.
I'm sure that my dealer wouldn't do that adjustment. They set mine to the max for a 3240. From what I can see the safety valve pressure setting is the same for all three models. The 3940 has a larger pump which would change cycle time, I would imagine.
I understand what your saying about the tires, as it would change the lift height, but a change in pressure is a change in lifting ability with the same loader, or I'm I missing something here?

Best, Bill

Here's a link to a thread I created about building a pressure gauge and the pressures I recorded on m L3540.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/269505-diy-hydraulic-pressure-gauge.html

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #62  
Here's a link to a thread I created about building a pressure gauge and the pressures I recorded on m L3540.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/269505-diy-hydraulic-pressure-gauge.html

You stated in your link that "My dealer indicated the master relief pressure for my L3540 should be set between 2630 and 2770 psi per his documentation "

I don't know where they got that information but according to page 8-S11 of the workshop manual;
At 2700 rpm with the oil at 45-55deg C. the relief valve setting for a 3240 and a 3540 should be 2480 to 2620 psi.
The 3940, 4240, 4740, 5040, 5240, and 5740 should be 2630 to 2770 psi.

Unless Messick's sold me a misprinted book, those are the facts, in spite of what the dealer told you.

Best, Bill

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #63  
I don't have a copy of the WSM, but which relief valve is being referenced in it on the page you mention?

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #64  
I don't have a copy of the WSM, but which relief valve is being referenced in it on the page you mention?

The loader control valve.

The text reads: 1.) Install the relief valve set pressure adaptor to the quick coupler and then install a pressure gauge. 2.) Start the engine. Set the engine speed. 3.) Set the front loader control valve operation lever to the left postion and read the pressure gauge when the relief valve is actuated.

Bill

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #65  
Alright, that makes more since. You'd want to keep the FEL relief below that of the master relief. The 2630 - 2770 psi range that I was referring to is for the master relief as mentioned in that thread.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #66  
Alright, that makes more since. You'd want to keep the FEL relief below that of the master relief. The 2630 - 2770 psi range that I was referring to is for the master relief as mentioned in that thread.

What master relief? There is one relief and that is the one in the loader valve. It supplies oil to the PB port and the 3 pt.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #67  
The safety valve settings for all the models mentioned I believe is the same, 2850 to 3270 psi. ppg 8-S12

Bill

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #68  
What master relief? There is one relief and that is the one in the loader valve. It supplies oil to the PB port and the 3 pt.

If say the tractor didn't have a FEL, wouldn't you think there would still be a relief?

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #69  
If say the tractor didn't have a FEL, wouldn't you think there would still be a relief?

Yes the loader valve is integral with the tractor.

/ What's the difference between the GrandL and Not-So-Grand L? #70  
Well, I'm just glad Kubota made my tractor well enough that they stuck a master, FEL, and 3ph releif valve in it. Yours must have been one of the earlier models.