Buying Advice M5640SU

/ M5640SU
I had rears loaded and it was still alittle light,couple more hundred of wheel weights would be good. I had a 700lb box blade on back

Sorry for all the questions. If that tractor will lift 2400# with only 700 lbs of ballast, I may be good to go.

Without the box blade attached, and just loaded tires, if you scooped a bucket of something like crusher run, what would happen. Would the rear just get light or would they lift off the ground ? I'm guessing but I would think that the bucket is about 1/3 yard so maybe 700-800# of stone??

Bill

/ M5640SU #22  
bill you need loaded rear tires and the cast centers i scoop my drainage ditches out the water runs out of the bucket the rear dont lift at all its a mixs of sand and top soil

/ M5640SU
I just wanted to add that pretty much any Kubota is gonna make a fine tractor 4wd or not. I doesn't sound like you need 4wd like I do so I think the 5640 2wd would do well for you. That's why Kubota offers both.

I like Kubota. I wish they were a little heavier, but that can be corrected with wheel weights or ballast. For the most part IMHO they are well designed and built. As far as the color goes, no one can say they didn't see me.

I hope that's a brush fire in back of your tractor and not a test for the blah blah insurance company.

Bill

/ M5640SU
bill you need loaded rear tires and the cast centers i scoop my drainage ditches out the water runs out of the bucket the rear dont lift at all its a mixs of sand and top soil

If it's a 1/3 yard it would be almost 600# of water if you filled it. I would think sand mix would be even more. If I get 4x4 bales 600# is about what they weigh. So that's good news. Any smart people out there that would agree or disagree with my math.

Now, if your really smart, what would it weigh on the Moon?

(Sorry, getting a little punchy.)

/ M5640SU #25  
Sorry for all the questions. If that tractor will lift 2400# with only 700 lbs of ballast, I may be good to go.

Without the box blade attached, and just loaded tires, if you scooped a bucket of something like crusher run, what would happen. Would the rear just get light or would they lift off the ground ? I'm guessing but I would think that the bucket is about 1/3 yard so maybe 700-800# of stone??

Bill
I load round bales 4x5 around 900-1000lbs with just loaded tires nothing on back without any problems.. The issue when you get around the ton mark is the rears slipping and I could run in 4x4 to help out with traction. I felt comfortable picking my artic cat prowler up with the forks and driving up my gooseneck to load them at same time,with nothing on 3point(guessing 1200lbs). I also widened mine out some for stability,the 5040 was a very stout tractor,that never gave me any troubles.

/ M5640SU
Thank you all very much for your input. You have all been a great help. These things don't often have loaders on them when I'm looking at the dealers, so first hand knowledge really helps me out.

If anyone would like to send money, that would be nice too. (No, don't do it! I'm only kidding!)

Best, Bill

/ M5640SU #27  
kubota%205040.jpg only picture have on blackberry,rest on laptop at office.

/ M5640SU #28  
Well OK, I'll bite. How did you set it down once you got it up on the trailer?

/ M5640SU #29  
Well OK, I'll bite. How did you set it down once you got it up on the trailer?
It sets just like in picture,sideways on trailer...

/ M5640SU #30  
Gotcha. Pardon my bifocals, it looked a bit wide to me.