Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks
Going to buy the CID forks, like the looks, 48 in, 4000 lb cap, good head board.

/ Pallet forks #12  
I once sold lift trucks.
Some thoughts to consider: shorter the fork easier it is to maneuver.
The forks need only be a bit longer than 50% of a pallet size e.g. 28" (or 32") forks do a fine job on 48" pallets!
Shorter= less$ and easier to store plus weigh less.
With my 28" home made I carry stacks of branches piled higher than I can see over, trick is to stack them sort of intertwined and all laid out flat facing downwards and simply drive the forks into the pile and drive away.

/ Pallet forks #13  
One thing to think about is if you might be dealing with round hay bales, get a set of pallet forks that have the ability to convert to a hay spear.
We bought a set of 48" forks with the bale spear attachment for our 7040 last year from skidsteerexpress.com that can be quickly converted between forks or bale spear operation.

/ Pallet forks #14  
I once sold lift trucks.
Some thoughts to consider: shorter the fork easier it is to maneuver.
The forks need only be a bit longer than 50% of a pallet size e.g. 28" (or 32") forks do a fine job on 48" pallets!
Shorter= less$ and easier to store plus weigh less.
With my 28" home made I carry stacks of branches piled higher than I can see over, trick is to stack them sort of intertwined and all laid out flat facing downwards and simply drive the forks into the pile and drive away.
Length doesn't always directly correlate with price, especially if you have to compare different vendors.

With my 48" clamp on 4,000 lb with stabilizer bar we didn't worry about stacking branches.

8x6-4700-w-bgrnd.JPG

Above pic shows the mess in the background, lot's of branches and logs intertwined with vines as thick as my wrist.

8x6-g4-forks low.JPG

We'd just "ram" into the pile w/ the forks slightly above ground level

8x6-g4-using-forks.JPG
Then curl, lift and move.

I've cleared acres by hand, piling it into a wheelbarrow. I've cleared acres cutting and stacking. I would have loved to have had a grapple, but couldn't justify the extra cost immediately. I think I can for the next project.

I agree with the need for shorter forks at times.

/ Pallet forks #16  
Another supporter of skidsteerexpress! Bought mine from them years ago. had best price, shipping was fast, and free.

/ Pallet forks #17  
I am considering ordering set and was torn between the 48" or optional 60". Don't think I would go shorter than 48", but would there be benefit to going 60". Price difference isn't much at all. Was looking at the Titan brand at palletforks.com. Any suggestions, recommendations or warnings?

/ Pallet forks #18  
I have a set of Loflin Fabrication 48" forks, i think they are 4500lb capacity.

/ Pallet forks #19  
I just bought 48 from titan. The welds arnt beautiful but they seem well built, just received them today so will give a better opinion after I've actually used them

/ Pallet forks #20  
42" works OK for us since we can not remove our bucket and use chain on's. Those who have the quick connect systems I would thing would prefer 48".