Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota m7040/ jd 2155

Default Re: Pallet forks

Going to get CID 48" 4000 lb ones, already have hay speers.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by deere5105 View Post
    I am considering ordering set and was torn between the 48" or optional 60". Don't think I would go shorter than 48", but would there be benefit to going 60". Price difference isn't much at all. Was looking at the Titan brand at palletforks.com. Any suggestions, recommendations or warnings?
    Suggestion Do It!
    Recommendation:48" unless you KNOW you need longer
    Warning:You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

I bought a set of 42" ones and on my MX they are plenty long enough. I also got the round bale spears with them. They were cheap and I wish I had spent a little more for some better ones. When you dump brush, they dangle and bang around. Bad design on them. They are great with pallets though. I have a Horst rock and debris bucket and it is top drawer, I suppose I should have gotten their forks as well. I don't know about EA, I did purchase a set of lift disc harrows from them, but have not used them yet. They look good, are reasonably heavy (846 lbs.), and have some great features. With the loader at height and a load on the forks it is a bit "tippy" even with weight on the 3 point hitch. I think the 48' can move the center of gravity even further forward making it even more prone to tipping. However, the 7040 is a larger and heavier machine and it may not be as much of an issue. I agree with some of the comments about the longer ones being more ungainly. I have to watch what I am doing the the 42". I have banged them into trees a couple of times while moving brush.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5303 MFWD

Quote Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
    I bought a set of 42" ones and on my MX they are plenty long enough. I also got the round bale spears with them. They were cheap and I wish I had spent a little more for some better ones. When you dump brush, they dangle and bang around. Bad design on them. They are great with pallets though. I have a Horst rock and debris bucket and it is top drawer, I suppose I should have gotten their forks as well. I don't know about EA, I did purchase a set of lift disc harrows from them, but have not used them yet. They look good, are reasonably heavy (846 lbs.), and have some great features. With the loader at height and a load on the forks it is a bit "tippy" even with weight on the 3 point hitch. I think the 48' can move the center of gravity even further forward making it even more prone to tipping. However, the 7040 is a larger and heavier machine and it may not be as much of an issue. I agree with some of the comments about the longer ones being more ungainly. I have to watch what I am doing the the 42". I have banged them into trees a couple of times while moving brush.
    Do you mind sharing/confirming what forks you have? I don't need bale spears, but planned to go ahead and get them if going with the Titan forks. On occassion we have someone come in and bale our fields and it might help to be able to move the round bales around. I was initially set on the fixed Frontier brand forks, but have since been considering others due to price being much better on others. May be that price matches quality?

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Do you mind sharing/confirming what forks you have? I don't need bale spears, but planned to go ahead and get them if going with the Titan forks. On occassion we have someone come in and bale our fields and it might help to be able to move the round bales around. I was initially set on the fixed Frontier brand forks, but have since been considering others due to price being much better on others. May be that price matches quality?
    Sent you a PM

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400

I know what you mean. I've bought cheap products in the past and later realized that I should've just paid a little extra. Cheap retailers sell a ton but the poor quality usually catches up with them over time. Forks need to be of good quality because they definitely take a beating, so going cheap isn't wise in my opinion. I have an idea of where you're forks came from because a buddy of mine is feeling the same as you. I know you'd rather not broadcast the brand of forks on here but your post made me curious, like deere5105.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Sent you a PM
    Not finding PM. Can send you one along with my email address if you like. Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

Not finding PM. Can send you one along with my email address if you like. Would like to know your thoughts on this.
    Go to the top of the page here on the forum there is a shaded envelope with alerts underneath it, this is just below the large header "classifieds" click on it. There will be an inbox drop down. That is your inbox and it should indicate that you have a message.

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Go to the top of the page here on the forum there is a shaded envelope with alerts underneath it, this is just below the large header "classifieds" click on it. There will be an inbox drop down. That is your inbox and it should indicate that you have a message.
    Is showing no new messages and only my older messages in the inbox. Will try sending you one. Perhaps the system is down?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

If you are using the TBN app you may need to refresh PM folder to see it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast