Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks
Going to get CID 48" 4000 lb ones, already have hay speers.

/ Pallet forks #22  
I am considering ordering set and was torn between the 48" or optional 60". Don't think I would go shorter than 48", but would there be benefit to going 60". Price difference isn't much at all. Was looking at the Titan brand at palletforks.com. Any suggestions, recommendations or warnings?
Suggestion:D Do It!
Recommendation:48" unless you KNOW you need longer
Warning:You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

/ Pallet forks #23  
I bought a set of 42" ones and on my MX they are plenty long enough. I also got the round bale spears with them. They were cheap and I wish I had spent a little more for some better ones. When you dump brush, they dangle and bang around. Bad design on them. They are great with pallets though. I have a Horst rock and debris bucket and it is top drawer, I suppose I should have gotten their forks as well. I don't know about EA, I did purchase a set of lift disc harrows from them, but have not used them yet. They look good, are reasonably heavy (846 lbs.), and have some great features. With the loader at height and a load on the forks it is a bit "tippy" even with weight on the 3 point hitch. I think the 48' can move the center of gravity even further forward making it even more prone to tipping. However, the 7040 is a larger and heavier machine and it may not be as much of an issue. I agree with some of the comments about the longer ones being more ungainly. I have to watch what I am doing the the 42". I have banged them into trees a couple of times while moving brush.

/ Pallet forks #24  
I bought a set of 42" ones and on my MX they are plenty long enough. I also got the round bale spears with them. They were cheap and I wish I had spent a little more for some better ones. When you dump brush, they dangle and bang around. Bad design on them. They are great with pallets though. I have a Horst rock and debris bucket and it is top drawer, I suppose I should have gotten their forks as well. I don't know about EA, I did purchase a set of lift disc harrows from them, but have not used them yet. They look good, are reasonably heavy (846 lbs.), and have some great features. With the loader at height and a load on the forks it is a bit "tippy" even with weight on the 3 point hitch. I think the 48' can move the center of gravity even further forward making it even more prone to tipping. However, the 7040 is a larger and heavier machine and it may not be as much of an issue. I agree with some of the comments about the longer ones being more ungainly. I have to watch what I am doing the the 42". I have banged them into trees a couple of times while moving brush.

Do you mind sharing/confirming what forks you have? I don't need bale spears, but planned to go ahead and get them if going with the Titan forks. On occassion we have someone come in and bale our fields and it might help to be able to move the round bales around. I was initially set on the fixed Frontier brand forks, but have since been considering others due to price being much better on others. May be that price matches quality?

/ Pallet forks #25  
Do you mind sharing/confirming what forks you have? I don't need bale spears, but planned to go ahead and get them if going with the Titan forks. On occassion we have someone come in and bale our fields and it might help to be able to move the round bales around. I was initially set on the fixed Frontier brand forks, but have since been considering others due to price being much better on others. May be that price matches quality?

Sent you a PM

/ Pallet forks #26  
I know what you mean. I've bought cheap products in the past and later realized that I should've just paid a little extra. Cheap retailers sell a ton but the poor quality usually catches up with them over time. Forks need to be of good quality because they definitely take a beating, so going cheap isn't wise in my opinion. I have an idea of where you're forks came from because a buddy of mine is feeling the same as you. I know you'd rather not broadcast the brand of forks on here but your post made me curious, like deere5105.

/ Pallet forks #28  
Not finding PM. Can send you one along with my email address if you like. Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Go to the top of the page here on the forum there is a shaded envelope with alerts underneath it, this is just below the large header "classifieds" click on it. There will be an inbox drop down. That is your inbox and it should indicate that you have a message.

/ Pallet forks #29  
Go to the top of the page here on the forum there is a shaded envelope with alerts underneath it, this is just below the large header "classifieds" click on it. There will be an inbox drop down. That is your inbox and it should indicate that you have a message.

Is showing no new messages and only my older messages in the inbox. Will try sending you one. Perhaps the system is down?

/ Pallet forks #30  

If you are using the TBN app you may need to refresh PM folder to see it.