Pallet forks

/ Pallet forks #1  

dlay

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota m7040/ jd 2155
Going to get a set of pallet forks for my m7040, what is good and what length is better for just general use? Around here we have CID and A&B brands, what else is good and what price is good.

/ Pallet forks #2  
I just picked up a set of QA Armstrong AG Pallet Forks in 48" for my M7040. I really have nothing else to add. The dealer had both 42" and 48" in stock. I went with the 48" to get a bit more "reach", but I really have no idea if the extra few inches is worth it. I figured I can't add inches to the 42" forks so I might as well go big...

/ Pallet forks #3  
I asked my dealer about pallet forks and thought he would recommend Land Pride as that is what I usually buy and he is a LP dealer, but he said name brand forks are in his opinion overpriced and always recommended a good quality from another source depending on where he could get the best buy. I got a set of Davis 3500 48" and like them, I have no idea who really makes them. I use them on our L5740 and M8540. I can't say if 48" is better than 42", just what I bought.

/ Pallet forks #4  
Although my tractors are a LOT smaller I just bought a pair w/ stabilizer bar from palletforks.com.

Quick delivery, low prices. I'm clearing an overgrown urban lot and they came in real handy. Couldn't afford a grapple and additional remote, and knew I would need one to move palletized equipment and logs. Was able to pick up mounds of vines and cut down trees.

Palletforks.com has them in load ranges up to 6,000 lbs.

/ Pallet forks #5  
I have a set from Horst Welding. They make nice attachments. I have looked at quite a bit of their stuff over the years. I just have a 2,000 lb set for my small Kubota, but they make more sizes. I bought these as part of a package from Barlow Equipment. I do not think Barlow's is far from you and you could possibly have a set dropped off when Marvin is in the area. May be worth giving them a call. Here are some links. As a note, I welded a receiver tube on mine. The receiver tube works nice for moving the trailer around.

HLA Attachments - Equipment - Front End Loader

Horst Welding | Family of Companies

Home | Barlow Equipment

Last edited:
   / Pallet forks #6  
You may also want to check out (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) They are a sponsor here and offer free shipping.

Pallet Forks For Tractors

/ Pallet forks #7  
I bought mine from skidsteerexpress bout 5 years ago. Reasonably priced and free shipping. I use them continously during the summer on both of my tractors and on the Bobcat CTL. I wouldnt be without them. John
the log pictured is a 32" soft maple log for firewood

Attachments

• 32 in maple.jpg
    32 in maple.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 481
  • 10' soft maple log 2012.jpg
    10' soft maple log 2012.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Wilie E  Kioti 1.jpg
    Wilie E Kioti 1.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 375
   / Pallet forks #8  
I have a set from Everything Attachments. They are good quality and work great, plus the shipping is free.

/ Pallet forks
Thanks for info, am looking, like pallet forks price and looks, would like to see a set.