Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #91  
Yeah it would be a shame to keep it outside. You must be really excited, I know how it is to want something, good luck hope you get one soon.
I'm about 40 minutes away from Spencer, Ever eat at Howard's? best fried clams around.

/ New B3350 #92  
Yeah it would be a shame to keep it outside. You must be really excited, I know how it is to want something, good luck hope you get one soon.
I'm about 40 minutes away from Spencer, Ever eat at Howard's? best fried clams around.

Not to hijack a thread but I live 5 minutes away from the world famous Ipswich Clam Box.... Which reminds me that I haven't had clams in a while! :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ New B3350 #93  
I was at the dealer today picking up some items and they had a B2650.
It's different, I could get used to it. Though I didn't get a picture but the floor has over an inch thick of heavy duty foam under the mat.
Boy that brochure is really emphasizing sound and dust proofing. The dome light, sound, dust and the speakers in the roof. Kubota really does read these forums.
I didn't have too much time today but I have to go back, I will ask to drive it. Not sure why they put the fuse box and wires on the floor?

I'm really hoping that Kubota has done something to dampen the HST whine in the 2650/3350....let us know how the test drive goes...... looking forward to seeing one on my dealers lot before to long!

Stu

/ New B3350 #94  

I'm not adverse to keeping it outside, but since I have a good size shed to keep it in I'd prefer not to. Plus my shed is heated, which makes it so much nicer whenever I need to work on the tractor during the winter months.

Just need to get everything put back together over the weekend (hopefully the rain won't get in my way), and then next week I'll probably stop by and place the order. I'm still going to need to wait a little longer though because I don't believe the B3350's will be in until sometime in May (and I know Tim has the first one spoken for.) Chances are I'll need to wait on various options to ship from Kubota anyway, so I don't expect anything in my hands until June (not to worry as I still have my B2620.)

I live in Oxford, so it's about a 25 minute drive to the dealer for me. While I haven't been to Howard's yet (although I've driven by it a number of times), with a recommendation like that, we'll definitely need to check it out! (Not to mention my wife loves fried clams! :) Usually, we just go to Dresser Hill's Clam Box in Charlton whenever we're in the mood for fried clam rolls (they always do an excellent job there with them plus they have really good homemade ice cream! :)

/ New B3350 #95  
Looks like the Kubota engineers were using WaxMan's photos when they were designing the new cabs. I'd start bugging them for residuals if I were you, Wax.

Sure is purdy, that new cab interior. Notice the lack of exposed sheet metal - that will make a big difference in sound bouncing around inside the cab. I think the fuse box inside the cab is a good idea to keep the fuses from getting so dusted, as my B3030 fuse box seemed to get, even inside. But there should be a cover over that fuse box to keep crud from your boots out of the fuse box. Might just be that the cover was not installed at the dealer, but is stashed in the tool box?

/ New B3350 #96  
I'm not adverse to keeping it outside

You can't keep a new tractor outside. That's just not right. So keep on working on that shed and the garage if you can make that work. If you're old & lazy enough to get a cab tractor, then go all the way and pamper yourself by setting it up so you can walk out into the garage and fire up the tractor, wearing nothing but a short or long sleeve t-shirt, and head out into the blizzard from within the warm confines of your cab, like I do now that I have a cab. :D

/ New B3350 #97  
Looks like the Kubota engineers were using WaxMan's photos when they were designing the new cabs. I'd start bugging them for residuals if I were you, Wax.

Sure is purdy, that new cab interior. Notice the lack of exposed sheet metal - that will make a big difference in sound bouncing around inside the cab. I think the fuse box inside the cab is a good idea to keep the fuses from getting so dusted, as my B3030 fuse box seemed to get, even inside. But there should be a cover over that fuse box to keep crud from your boots out of the fuse box. Might just be that the cover was not installed at the dealer, but is stashed in the tool box?

If nothing else Bandit they must have read my posts about the dust.
This brochure that eb542 posted says it's almost air tight. That is sooooooooo far from my tractor (air tight) I really want to drive that tractor to hear the difference. Maybe next week.
Also Bandit the gray pads on the inner fenders in this picture are just gray 1/4 inch formed pads not glued down. I pulled them away just to see, they just rest there. I would think you and I could order them for our tractors. Not sure if the shape is the same yet. I'll get a better look at them next week.
And the rear fenders are two piece now, gray metal inside and orange plastic flairs as shown in this photo. All that orange fender in that picture is plastic. Not sure why they went plastic.
http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/B2650B3350.PDF

/ New B3350 #98  
Interesting that they still leave the sheet metal seat pan exposed. My tractor is a bit more air tight at this point, aside from a couple of little areas that I still need to address. Aside from you having time to crawl around in and under that machine and snap some photos, I'd be interested to see what they did to make it airtight. There are a lot of air spaces where the floor pan hits the fenders, and of course, every pedal or lever that penetrates, has quite a bit of space and not all of those areas were addressed very well. I've further addressed some of the areas, but the rear diff locker is going to need even more than I've already done.

I was hoping to have a nice weekend sometime soon, so I could go back and add foam pieces to finish sealing things up, but we keep getting spells of cold & snow. I have some work to do on cars this weekend, and looks like after today, the snow returns through Thursday, so the tractor may have to wait another week.

I know folks will complain about plastic fenders, but that's one more area that could potentially cut down on sound transmission, but if it's just a bolt-on piece from the cab frame out, then that won't do much, other than allow an inexpensive way to replace a damaged fender. I wonder if now they'll just offer a wider replacement orange fender as their fender extension option.

/ New B3350 #99  
You can't keep a new tractor outside. That's just not right. So keep on working on that shed and the garage if you can make that work. If you're old & lazy enough to get a cab tractor, then go all the way and pamper yourself by setting it up so you can walk out into the garage and fire up the tractor, wearing nothing but a short or long sleeve t-shirt, and head out into the blizzard from within the warm confines of your cab, like I do now that I have a cab. :D

That's been exactly my thought all along! :)

As for the shed, other than some caulking that I still need to finish up, the door modification project is finished. It came in right around ~84" underneath the garage door (which is the lowest point of the opening.) It's even higher under the weatherstripping at ~84.5", so nothing should rub the top of the cab.

The other thing you got me thinking of is if I can fit the tractor in my main garage. I'll have to take some measurements and see what the clearance is there. I know it was higher than my shed door prior to making it bigger, but not sure if it's a enough to fit it. I highly doubt I'd go through as much effort as I did for the shed to modify the opening though, so hopefully it's close.

Only thing left is to talk to the dealer this week and place an order! :)

Last edited:
   / New B3350 #100  
The other thing you got me thinking of is if I can fit the tractor in my main garage. I'll have to take some measurements and see what the clearance is there. I know it was higher than my shed door prior to making it bigger, but not sure if it's a enough to fit it. I highly doubt I'd go through as much effort as I did for the shed to modify the opening though, so hopefully it's close.

Only thing left is to talk to the dealer this week and place an order! :)

It looks like I completely lucked out with my main garage as well. The weatherstripping will probably rub a little on the top of the cab, but at least it should fit if I need to work on the tractor for any reason.

I'm still waiting to get a final quote that includes all the accessories I've asked for from the dealer (it's been held up due to the lack of pricing info on several items.) The good news is that they just received some updated pricing yesterday, so I hope they have everything they need now to complete the quote. Either way, I'm going to be putting a deposit down on the first B3350 that arrives at the dealer (the owner is letting me have dibs on the first one even though he wanted it! :) )

Now I just need to work on getting my B2620 sold.