Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #121  
I suspect you'll have that QA well before everything for the B3350 comes in, so be sure to take plenty of pictures when you get it! :) I'm still rather curious how different it is dimensionally to a standard SSQA. It would be nice to know how easy or how hard it is to modify standard SSQA compatible attachment to make them fit.

The good news is that I sold my B2620 today, so there's no looking back now at this point! I'm committed to buying the B3350 no matter what! :)

The salesman said a couple of weeks or so before it comes in. Hopefully he's right. I've got a Virnig rock bucket on order too - that is setup for " real " SSQA - so one of my first orders of business is going to be adapting that rock bucket to work on the Kubota QA.

Somewhere I've got the specs saved for the SSQA stuff - I was planning on carefully measuring the Kubota QA and comparing it to the real SSQA to see where the differences are. I hoping it's something simple and they only changed one dimension. I guess I'll know soon enough. I plan on taking a bunch of pics and posting it all - so I'll let everybody know how it goes.

/ New B3350 #123  
to my eyes, it looked the same height and was more narrow.

If that is the case, I could see how it might be possible to modify the QA adapter to fit both Kubota and SSQA attachments (with the addition of wings.) Of course, this would depend on if the pins align.

/ New B3350 #124  
to my eyes, it looked the same height and was more narrow.

When I measure across the bottom end of the loader arms on the LA504 on my tractor - I come up with (approximately) 31.5 inches

I have the Kubota pin-on style QA on the loader, if I measure across that (outside edge to outside edge) - I get approximately 32.5 inches.

Looking at the image of the dimensions on an SSQA (from this page: Will it Fit My Machine)

It basically goes like this for the dimensions on the SSQA: 44 inch max overall width.

Then the spacing for the lockdown holes is: | - 4" -| 2.5" |-2"-| ...........19" .............|-2"-| 2.5" |- 4" -| (totals up to 36")

Kubota LA504 FEL arms position (approx): ........| -- |.........................................................| -- |

There are slots at the 4" interval and the 2" interval. The standard lockdown position is at the 4" spot - the 2" spot is for older Case skidsteers if I understand correctly.

So the problem is that basically the LA504 loader arms - come down right in the middle (sort of off to one side actually) - on where the slot is for the lockdown
pin on the SSQA. Looking at the pics from the B50 series brochure:

http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/B2650B3350.PDF

It's sort of hard to tell where the lockdown pins are physically located - but it sort of looks like they're actually located right in front of the loader arms. Which means the Kubota might have lined up their lockdown pins - on the standard location. Hard to tell from the pictures. This is all just speculation - hopefully the parts come in soon and I will know exactly what's going on here.

Attachments

• QuickTach1.jpg
    QuickTach1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
   / New B3350 #125  
It's sort of hard to tell where the lockdown pins are physically located - but it sort of looks like they're actually located right in front of the loader arms. Which means the Kubota might have lined up their lockdown pins - on the standard location. Hard to tell from the pictures. This is all just speculation - hopefully the parts come in soon and I will know exactly what's going on here.

Jim, all great information in your response.

For what it's worth, the Kubota B50 series video seems to show a bit more detail on the QA @ 2:06:

B50 Series Tractor - YouTube

Also, I put the deposit down on the B3350 today, so I just need to wait until everything comes in! :)

/ New B3350 #126  
Jim, all great information in your response.

For what it's worth, the Kubota B50 series video seems to show a bit more detail on the QA @ 2:06:

B50 Series Tractor - YouTube

Thanks - just looked at that. It's hard to tell - because the video is shot from the side , but it does look as though the lock-down pins on the QA - are pretty much in line with the FEL arms . That is what Kubota would have to do - to get the lockdown pins to lineup with the spec'ed position of the slots
along the lower edge.

I edited my response #124 - my attempt at using text to illustrate the line-up between the LA504 loader arms and the SSQA lockdown slots - was not successful on the first try. Hopefully this is better.

/ New B3350 #127  
That is the reason I had been reluctant to buy a universal SSQA, the more I looked at the dimensions of the loader and the locking pins on the adapter, it seemed they were almost inline but offset just a bit with each other, so the SSQA would have to be boxed with a plate and pushed forward more than I would like. I like Kubota's solution, it still pushes the bucket out a little further but not as much.
I think that yours will match up and with the universal SS attachements at least we are hoping so...

/ New B3350 #129  
Someone posted a video of the B2650 with the LA534 loader and quick attach: KUBOTA B2650 CAB TRACTOR WITH LA534 LOADER - YouTube

Thanks for showing that. They didn't really zoom in on the loader QA that much - but right near the end they did get a halfway decent shot in passing of the lockdown pins on the QA - and they appear to be "outside" the loader arm. What that means is that it is possible that the lockdown pins at least - fall within the range to engage in the "standard" SSQA location (the 4" slots I detailed in post #124 ).

One of the responses earlier in this thread from Messicks indicated that the QA was non-standard. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is non standard about it.

/ New B3350 #130  
Thanks for showing that. They didn't really zoom in on the loader QA that much - but right near the end they did get a halfway decent shot in passing of the lockdown pins on the QA - and they appear to be "outside" the loader arm. What that means is that it is possible that the lockdown pins at least - fall within the range to engage in the "standard" SSQA location (the 4" slots I detailed in post #124 ).

Yeah, that was my thought for posting it. The shot towards the end gave one of the best views I've seen so far of the locking mechanism. Agreed, it would be nice if the pins line up with the existing cut-outs (definitely make things easier to adapt.)

One of the responses earlier in this thread from Messicks indicated that the QA was non-standard. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what is non standard about it.

I'm hoping it turns out that it's just width issue. I think you could easily build a set of expansion wings on the outer edges without too much trouble. This would make it really easy to adapter standard SSQA attachments.