Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #141  
I'm not arguing that this could be indeed narrower than a standard SSQA design (since I haven't seen one in person and I'm only going off the pictures/video), but I'm struggling to see where it differs in width. With those extensions at the top of the QA, it looks nearly identical in size to several others that I've compared it to.

Not only that, but the Kubota bucket also looks like it should work with standard SSQA compatible loaders. It would nice to have actual measurements on it to finally but this to bed! ;)

For the users who wanted to confirm the position of the pins in relation to the loader arms, see attached pictures. Also, the width of the QA pad is 44.5" and ~16" high. It was difficult to measure the height because of the curve at the bottom and the recessed notch at the top.

Attachments

• IMG-20130504-00055.jpg
    IMG-20130504-00055.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG-20130504-00056.jpg
    IMG-20130504-00056.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 321
   / New B3350 #142  
Here are the specs for SSQA

Attachments

• 75291d1177387373-here-universal-attachment-mount-specification-sae_j2513.pdf
    512.2 KB · Views: 203
  • SSQA specs.jpg
    SSQA specs.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 260
   / New B3350 #143  
For the users who wanted to confirm the position of the pins in relation to the loader arms, see attached pictures. Also, the width of the QA pad is 44.5" and ~16" high. It was difficult to measure the height because of the curve at the bottom and the recessed notch at the top.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to measure Kubota's new quick attach plate! So unless I'm misinterpreting the standard SSQA specs that were posted, this pretty much answers the compatibility question.

/ New B3350 #144  
I just got the call from the dealer that the new quick attach and the two buckets have arrived. I hope to be able to get to the dealer in the next couple of days and pick them up. Once I do that I'll measure everything out and we should know whether it's really SSQA compatible or not. I'm also supposed to be receiving the Virnig rock bucket I ordered this week according to the dealer - and that IS made to the SSQA standard - so I'll be able to really check it out with something that's allegedly SSQA and not of Kubota manufacture to see if everything interfaces correctly.

/ New B3350 #145  
I heard a rumor today that there's a brand new B50 tractor still in the crate at my dealer. Not sure if its a B3350 or not, but I sure hope it is (since I have dibs on the first one! ;) )

/ New B3350 #146  
I got the call yesterday - my quick connect and buckets came in. Stopped by the dealer this morning before heading to work and picked them up.

I did some quick measurements - and it looks like the dimensions match up to the SSQA spec, I'll take some more precise measurements against the spec tonite when I get them home.

/ New B3350 #147  
I got the call yesterday - my quick connect and buckets came in. Stopped by the dealer this morning before heading to work and picked them up.

I did some quick measurements - and it looks like the dimensions match up to the SSQA spec, I'll take some more precise measurements against the spec tonite when I get them home.

I figured as much once I saw the measurements provided by eb542. It just seemed really odd to me that Kubota would introduce a non-standard SSQA adapter when it could easily be made to fit that loader. Anyway, glad you got everything.

Post some pictures when you get it installed and setup.

/ New B3350 #148  
I figured as much once I saw the measurements provided by eb542. It just seemed really odd to me that Kubota would introduce a non-standard SSQA adapter when it could easily be made to fit that loader. Anyway, glad you got everything.

Post some pictures when you get it installed and setup.

I probably won't get a chance to get any precise measurements on this until the weekend - and the SSQA standard rock bucket I ordered is not showing up until next week so I won't get a chance to check that out until then- but it looks to me like it meets the standard. I ran a tape measure across all the crucial dimensions and they all pretty much match up with what I have seen detailed as the standard.

This page has a graphic showing the standard - there is some very slight deviation on the Kubota QA piece, for instance the graphic below shows 44" as the max width - and the Kubota QA is 44 3/8" across. If I add up the dimensions across the bottom for where the lockdown slot should be positioned and compare that to the dimension I got on the Kubota bucket - the Kubota bucket's slot is just a little bit off. But overall - it looks like it works.

Here's some other info: The QA adapter weighs in at 78 pounds. I am going to get a weight off my Kubota pin-on style QA when I take that off - I think the SSQA is heavier by a good amount ( like maybe 15-20 pounds).

I'm going to weigh the buckets too and see what kind of weight difference there is there. I think this setup is going to come in heavier than the pin-on QA setup overall. We'll see.

I also measured all of the dimensions where the SSQA adapter pins on to the end of LA504 loader arms - and all of that looks like it matches right up. The pin to pin spacing looks to be 7" on both. The width at the end of the bucket curl cylinders and the end of the loader arms is just a tad less than 2.5" - the space exposed on the pins for the loader arms and bucket curl cylinder matches to that. The width across the outside to outside of the mounting brackets on both the pin-on adapter and the SSQA adapter - is approximately 32".

In other words - this bolts right on.

The only possible thing I can see here that might "go wrong" is that there might be some sort of geometry problem with the curl stops or something like that - but once I get it connected I will run it thru the full range of motion and make sure there is nothing that looks out of place.

I'm psyched. FEL attachment nirvana here I come.

/ New B3350 #149  
I got the Kubota SSQA unit mounted onto my B3200 / LA504 over the weekend - and have run it thru all the movement and it seems to work fine. I don't see anything that hits or interferes.

I have to say that swapping buckets is WAY easier with the SSQA than it was with the pin-on QA adapter. I also spent a lot of time exchanging email with a vendor who is going to build a rock grapple to go on this setup - I passed a lot of photos and measurements to him - and it looks like this meets the standard. I need to go back and really measure the thing out precisely with a copy of the SSQA standard in front of me - but before I bother to do that - I think I'll just try it out on the rock bucket I ordered - which is supposedly arriving tomorrow.

/ New B3350 #150  
THe freight company dropped off the Virnig rock bucket this morning - and I went home quickly to try it out and get it out of the middle of the driveway where they left .

The Virnig bucket fits without any issues - it actually seems to fit a little "tighter" than the Kubota buckets do.

I think this pretty much confirms that the Kubota QA is made to the skid steer standard.