Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #51  
My dealer called yesterday with an update on the B3350. Looks like the first one scheduled to arrive will probably end up being more towards early May (and not April like I was first told.) Might need to wait a bit longer than I originally thought. However, if I hear anything else new, I will provide an update. (Also, I asked about the B3350 having a turbo or not, but still waiting on an answer.)

Was he saying that was when it would arrive at his dealership? Just curious - because my assumption is that the tractor has to be in the ordering system - some time before that. I talked with one of my local dealers last weekend about ordering the new FEL QA setup that's coming with the B3350 (because I want to put it on my B3200) - and he said he could not put the order into the system yet. He said his estimate was "early April" - which pretty much fits right in with the time line your dealer is giving to actually have one on the lot ( I'm assuming a 2-4 lag between when orders can be put in - and when tractors show up on the dealer's lots)

/ New B3350 #52  
Was he saying that was when it would arrive at his dealership? Just curious - because my assumption is that the tractor has to be in the ordering system - some time before that. I talked with one of my local dealers last weekend about ordering the new FEL QA setup that's coming with the B3350 (because I want to put it on my B3200) - and he said he could not put the order into the system yet. He said his estimate was "early April" - which pretty much fits right in with the time line your dealer is giving to actually have one on the lot ( I'm assuming a 2-4 lag between when orders can be put in - and when tractors show up on the dealer's lots)

Yes, that was when the B3350 would arrive at the dealership. Although, I didn't think to ask if it had already been ordered yet. I need to talk with him tomorrow, so I will be sure to ask.

To re-iterate what you said, he mentioned that he hasn't been able to finish the quote I asked for on the B3350 since some of the items just aren't in the system yet (so he's unsure of pricing.) Although, I do have a complete quote (with part numbers) from another dealer that has itemized pricing (which looks to be discounted based on the retail numbers you sent me), but I'm not really sure how he did it.

/ New B3350 #53  
Yes, that was when the B3350 would arrive at the dealership. Although, I didn't think to ask if it had already been ordered yet. I need to talk with him tomorrow, so I will be sure to ask.

To re-iterate what you said, he mentioned that he hasn't been able to finish the quote I asked for on the B3350 since some of the items just aren't in the system yet (so he's unsure of pricing.) Although, I do have a complete quote (with part numbers) from another dealer that has itemized pricing (which looks to be discounted based on the retail numbers you sent me), but I'm not really sure how he did it.

If you can ask that would be great. The date I'm curious about - is when they can start putting the orders in. My assumption is that : 1) dealers don't just automatically receive a new model - they've got to order one in specifically - and : 2) (obviously) - there's an "open for ordering" date - and then the date when the tractor will actually arrive at the dealer itself.

With new models it's possible that Kubota coordinates the actual public press release with the date the dealer can actually offer the tractor sale - and this might be preceded by making sure that dealers actually have the tractors on their lots for sale (which factors in my assumptoins #1 and #2 above).

Edit: At least for the FEL QA parts I asked about - the guy I talked to had all of the part numbers available, the FEL QA itself, the 54" QA bucket - and the QA fork lift frame. He had the part numbers - and he had the pricing.

/ New B3350 #54  
If you can ask that would be great. The date I'm curious about - is when they can start putting the orders in. My assumption is that : 1) dealers don't just automatically receive a new model - they've got to order one in specifically - and : 2) (obviously) - there's an "open for ordering" date - and then the date when the tractor will actually arrive at the dealer itself.

With new models it's possible that Kubota coordinates the actual public press release with the date the dealer can actually offer the tractor sale - and this might be preceded by making sure that dealers actually have the tractors on their lots for sale (which factors in my assumptoins #1 and #2 above).

Edit: At least for the FEL QA parts I asked about - the guy I talked to had all of the part numbers available, the FEL QA itself, the 54" QA bucket - and the QA fork lift frame. He had the part numbers - and he had the pricing.

No problem. I will be sure to ask as I'm scheduled to talk to both dealers tomorrow.

Just to be clear - I have part numbers for everything on my list, however, I don't have all the pricing for a small number of add-on options from one of the dealers (i.e. sub-frame assembly for snowblower, etc.) Hopefully, I can get more information tomorrow.

/ New B3350 #57  
I don't want to start a debate on this topic (since this information is obviously second-hand to me), but I was told today that the B2650 is indeed a three cylinder engine and the B3350 is a four cylinder turbo. The salesman at my local dealer just told me this since the owner there had actually ordered a B3350 for himself because it was going to be the first small tractor from Kubota with a turbo on it (he seemed really excited about it from what I was told.)

I'm not sure what to believe yet, but the model number does seem to indicate that it does have a turbo.

/ New B3350 #58  
I don't want to start a debate on this topic (since this information is obviously second-hand to me), but I was told today that the B2650 is indeed a three cylinder engine and the B3350 is a four cylinder turbo. The salesman at my local dealer just told me this since the owner there had actually ordered a B3350 for himself because it was going to be the first small tractor from Kubota with a turbo on it (he seemed really excited about it from what I was told.)

I'm not sure what to believe yet, but the model number does seem to indicate that it does have a turbo.

We can all end this debate pretty quickly - go to the Kubota site - find the illustrated parts list (for the B3350) - and click on "ENGINE" - and go down the list ............

about halfway down you'll see:

" 572600 Turbo Charger"

and......

Down near the bottom it says " 580000 Oil Pipe Turbo Charger"

And the pic shows a turbo.

So...........looks like it has a turbo.

Question is why? Did they hit the limit on how much torque and HP they can get out of that displacement - or is it something to do with the emissions ?

/ New B3350 #59  
If there's a turbo, then it was the only way to get the power back that the new emissions equipment, such as the DPF, was robbing, and without adding more fuel, which would create more emissions, etc. Turbocharging that engine probably would net at least 35-36 hp, which is then dragged back down to 33 with the additional emissions add-ons. I'm sure Kubota also wanted to be able to offer more than the 30 hp of previous models to go along with the new higher price.

If there's no turbo, then I'm impressed that they were able to pull that much more power out of that engine and get it rated 33hp WITH the added emissions lowering, power robbing, equipment. That's why the claims that the new motor is turbocharged makes sense, but I guess we'll find out for sure in the next few weeks.

I guess one good result of all this new emissions stuff is some additional weight to the machine.

/ New B3350 #60  
We can all end this debate pretty quickly - go to the Kubota site - find the illustrated parts list (for the B3350) - and click on "ENGINE" - and go down the list ............

about halfway down you'll see:

" 572600 Turbo Charger"

and......

Down near the bottom it says " 580000 Oil Pipe Turbo Charger"

And the pic shows a turbo.

So...........looks like it has a turbo.

Question is why? Did they hit the limit on how much torque and HP they can get out of that displacement - or is it something to do with the emissions ?

Nice! So Kubota added a turbo on this model after all. Now I wonder how it's going to sound! :)

If there's a turbo, then it was the only way to get the power back that the new emissions equipment, such as the DPF, was robbing, and without adding more fuel, which would create more emissions, etc. Turbocharging that engine probably would net at least 35-36 hp, which is then dragged back down to 33 with the additional emissions add-ons. I'm sure Kubota also wanted to be able to offer more than the 30 hp of previous models to go along with the new higher price.

If there's no turbo, then I'm impressed that they were able to pull that much more power out of that engine and get it rated 33hp WITH the added emissions lowering, power robbing, equipment. That's why the claims that the new motor is turbocharged makes sense, but I guess we'll find out for sure in the next few weeks.

I guess one good result of all this new emissions stuff is some additional weight to the machine.

This is along the lines of what the sales person explained to me over the phone today when he told me about why they put a turbo charger on the B3350. He also mentioned that the B2650 is actually just under 26 hp to keep it below the minimum hp for requiring tier 4 emissions equipment (so there's no DPF on that engine.) From what little he said about it, it sounded to me like it was nearly identical to the existing 3-cylinder engine that's on B-Series today (although, I haven't seen the engine up close to confirm this.)

Still, even with the power robbing emissions equipment on the B3350, that extra hp will come in handy for snowblowing some of the really heavy, wet snow that we got this year. Still waiting on the final quote since not all the prices are available yet, but I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this.