Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #1  

rrostvet

Tractor
several
Waiting to pull the trigger on ordering a B3000 cab. Heard that there is a new B3350 cab in the works? Any suggestion on wait or buy now?

/ New B3350 #2  
It will have all the emissions junk on it. I don't know if that bothers you. It will be more money than a B3000. Kubota site says the B50 sereis will be out in the Spring.

/ New B3350 #3  
Besides the tier 4 engine, there's actually quite a bit of improvements on the B3350 over the previous model. You might want to check out the Kubota Canada site as they provide a lot of detailed information on the new B3350. There's even a lower horsepower B2650 version as well.

/ New B3350
Thanks for the link to the Canada site. Looks like a lot of extra cash for modest gains in creature comfort and a few HP. I though the B3000 was pricey. Unless there is something I am not seeing, can't see the extra cost.

/ New B3350 #5  
Thanks for the link to the Canada site. Looks like a lot of extra cash for modest gains in creature comfort and a few HP. I though the B3000 was pricey. Unless there is something I am not seeing, can't see the extra cost.

I'm sure that is Canadian pricing so I would not assume it will retail for the same here in the States. Pricing here is usually lower, based on all the comments of our northern neighbors I've seen posted here over the years.

/ New B3350 #6  
Teir 4 is the extra cost.

/ New B3350 #7  
I heard that on a tractor that size that tier IV would add $3000.

/ New B3350 #8  
Waiting to pull the trigger on ordering a B3000 cab. Heard that there is a new B3350 cab in the works? Any suggestion on wait or buy now?

If you can actually still order a B3000, you won't be able to for very long. I snagged one in November, and it seemed like a lot of dealers that had them were looking to move them out of inventory before they got their B3350's in. I would assume it is related to the big price increase.

I personally didn't want the Tier 4 - bad enough I have to deal with the new EPA stuff on my diesel pickup. The extra power is to address the power-robbing emissions equipment on the new motors, and the hood vent is to let out the extra heat created from the emissions stuff on the new motors that was supposedly melting the non vented hoods. I also didn't think the added bells & whistles were worth the extra cost.

Since I was almost perfectly happy with my B3030, but wanted a cab, I decided that virtually the exact same machine with a cab, in the B3000, was going to be the perfect machine for me. I do like the upgrades that I got in the BH77 vs the older BH75. I also am not a huge fan of all the new electronics in the dash of my diesel pickup, because although they add a lot of creature comforts, I am worried about the costs of replacing/repair when they crap out after warranty. I really didn't want to deal with more computer crap on my tractor that I expect I will keep for decades.

But if you wait long enough, you won't have to choose.

/ New B3350
bandit thanks for the info, you sound like my kind of guy,(not a teckno neek) the only though I had was that the new cab would be a lot quieter, heard B3000 was very noisey. Is yours tolerable without muffs?

/ New B3350 #10  
You don't need earmuffs inside the cab of the B3000. I suspect it's the same or possibly just a bit quieter than the B3030 cab. However, I am probably going to play with some additional sound absorption material this summer, and will post my results at that time. The B3000 hydro noise is essentially the same as my B3030 open station, but the cab holds more of the noise in. Obviously, the bigger machines can add a lot more sound deadening/sound proofing, and have a slightly different mounting system that helps isolate the cab better, which is the direction that Kubota has gone with the B3350, but it comes down to how much hydro noise comes up through the sheet metal floor. I've noticed that the bigger machines have very little exposed sheet metal inside the cab, whereas the B3000/B3030 has quite a bit exposed.

The engine noise is certainly quieter than on the open station machine, and I can barely hear the rear pto when I run the snowblower. All of the objectionable noise comes from the hydro transmission, which is right underneath the majority of the cab.

The biggest complaint I've heard is the hydro whine inside the cab tends to drone out the stereo at lower volumes. Currently, I use my machine without headphones, and with my iPhone & earphones when I want to listen to music or the radio. I wanted to see what the noise issue was prior to buying an in-cab stereo, but now that I've put 30 hours on the machine, I have plans to add a stereo as I don't feel the in-cab noise is too much for a stereo to reasonably deal with.

I suspect, after looking at what Kubota did to help with sound deadening, that I can do a little better with some of the available aftermarket products. When I get around to tackling that task come warmer weather, I will be sure to take video, with sound, of before & after inside the cab, along with detailed pictures of what modifications I make. That way, if it works out the way I hope, I can provide all the information folks need to make the modifications. I don't have a decibel meter, but if I can get my hands on a cheap one or borrow one, then I'll take those before & after readings also.

The in-cab noise certainly doesn't have me wishing I held out for the more expensive, Tier $$$, oh, excuse me, Tier 4, B3350.

Oh, and I love technology, just don't like it everywhere, and hate when it fails and makes things completely useless.