Kubota L3800DT pricing

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #11  
Someone told me Kubota bought Landpride. I have about 7 Landpride implements, love them all. The 3800 is a good value tractor, if possible I would upgrade to the bigger loader, my neighbor was disappointed in the 523.

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #12  
Someone told me Kubota bought Landpride. I have about 7 Landpride implements, love them all. The 3800 is a good value tractor, if possible I would upgrade to the bigger loader, my neighbor was disappointed in the 523.

Mine has the 524 loader and I'm very happy with it. Didn't know there was any other option here?

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing
According to Kubota's brochure, for the L3800, there is only the LA524 front loader. You have a choice of different buckets, pin attach as standard and Quick Attach as an option($500). For myself, I have a hard time justifying the $500 Quick Attach option.

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #14  
The only thing I will add is check the hydraulic psi if the loader is does not do what you want. I have now checked 4L series 3400-3700 and all were low. We set them from 2500-2600 psi and everyone is happy.

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #15  
According to Kubota's brochure, for the L3800, there is only the LA524 front loader. You have a choice of different buckets, pin attach as standard and Quick Attach as an option($500). For myself, I have a hard time justifying the $500 Quick Attach option.

I thought the same thing when I bought mine in 2009. Now I wish I'd spent the extra money and got the SSQA option at the time. It's expensive to upgrade once you have one, or a heck of a lot of work.

Sean

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing
Sean,

You are probably correct about choosing the SSQA option. I am scrambling trying to make this happen, either new or used.

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #17  
I thought the same thing when I bought mine in 2009. Now I wish I'd spent the extra money and got the SSQA option at the time. It's expensive to upgrade once you have one, or a heck of a lot of work.

Sean

I am one who upgraded to SSQA on a L3400hst after the fact.. for $1000 $400 for the adapter, and $600 for the new bucket.. Then I converted the original bucket at $125 for the plate, and probably $20 bucks in consumables (disks, welding rods, electricity) and a bunch of work like Sean said. But it was worth it. Let me tell you.. the price of the SSQA new from the factory is worth it.. You will not regret it.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing
Sean and James,

You have persuaded me. If I can make this happen, then I will option the SSQA.

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing #19  
Sean and James,

You have persuaded me. If I can make this happen, then I will option the SSQA.

If there's any chance you will ever want to use a different implement on the FEL, such as a bale spear or pallet forks, or even a grapple the QA makes life easier. I've removed my bucket a few times since I've owned the tractor, and it's a pain in the a**. It will also appeal to a buyer if you decide to sell or trade the tractor in the future.

Have you considered a set of rear hydraulic remotes? I'm not sure if Kubota offers them as an option kit now. When I bought mine they would have had to source the parts individually and then install everything, which is what I did myself to save some money. I use mine for a power angle on my rear blade, but they can be used to power everything from a backhoe to a wood splitter to a top 'n tilt setup. Some of the dealer installed ones I've seen on the L series haven't impressed me for being neat and tidy, part of the trouble is that there aren't a lot of places on the L operator's platform to put the valves.

Everything adds to the price of the tractor, the basic L series is just that, basic.. we initially have "X" number of dollars in mind because of the base price being reasonable, then we discover that it doesn't include this or that which we'd like to have to get the most use out of it. By the time you add everything else on, it pushes the price up quite a bit.

I get a kick out of the Kubota sales flyers that come out every spring and fall, they list the tractor prices without an FEL to get your attention. To me, the FEL is one of the primary reasons I have the tractor to begin with. Then you discover it adds $4K-$5K to the price and things fall into perspective again.

Sean

/ Kubota L3800DT pricing
Sean,

I have stumbled onto a used L3400DT that I am trying to decide on. It has the 463A front loader. I expect it has the pin on style bucket, still it is at a very attractive price. Enough so that I am willing to forgoe the Quick Attach if I can swing the finances on it. It is being offered at about half the cost of a new L3800DT with front loader.

I agree with you about needing a front loader. If you have only one tractor, then it should have a loader. I had three tractors at one point, a International Havester 444 utility with a loader, a John Deere "G" and a Farmall "A". The 444 was the work horse, the other two assisted.

Kubota does offer rear remotes as an option on new L3800s. It is certainly not cheap, $800 for the first remote. I am not certain if it is dealer installed or factory. I suspect dealer installed. Whether they receive it as a kit I do not know. I think it gets attached to the ROP bar.

Last edited: