Bought a BX23 today....;)

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #1  

AHNC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2660 & BX-23
Got just a fantastic deal on it! 335 hrs and annual service receipts. Hadn't run in almost a year, but it started right up with a jump and ran smoothly. Needed to pump up one front and one rear tire. Had a minor fuel leak at the fuel filter. Seat is shot and drive shaft linkage coupling is missing. Hydro fan is good. First of the week I'll call my local Kubota folks to come out and service and check me out on the tractor.

It sits out next to my 2660:D and seems it will fit right in around here. In previous posts concerning backhoes I have always maintained that for the cost of the BH on the BX25 I would either rent or hire a BH. That still makes sense to me, but I now find I need to do several hundred feet of water and irrigation lines as well as shifting the septic tank and with the remodel on the house, which is starting as soon as permits clear, I have to do a bit of foundation work too. All in all it means I was talking through my hat, again, about not wanting a BH:eek:

With only 1.5 acres, I think two will be the limit. Have to say, I'm pretty happy right now!:cool2:

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #2  
Congrats on the new machine...I've had a BX23 for almost 9 years and it has been fantastic....

Remember the TBN cardinal rule...Without pictures, it never happened...:D

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #3  
Congratulations on the tractor.Let's see a couple of pics.

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #4  
Congrats, pics or it didn't happen

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #5  
Congrats!:thumbsup:
I used to tell people to never buy a pickup truck because they won't usually carry as many people comfortably as a car and they use lots of gas and once you have owned one you can't live without one again:).
I feel about the same way about a BH. They cost to much for the average homeowner and they can be rented usually for much less money or people that do own them can be hired to do BH jobs cheaper but..........I don't think i'll be without one again now that I've owned a couple of them.
Everything isn't about the money. It's a lot like tools. Some of them rarely use them but when the need arises, just up to the shop to get it, use it, put it back and maybe days, weeks, years later use it again.
Again, for the average homeowner (whatever that is) the BH isn't worth the money for cost analysis equation but not having to wait on someone else to come do jobs for me that I want done my way.......well I own a BH and probably will as long as I physically able to get up on it.:cool2:

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #6  
x2 on what John Thomas said. Congrats!!! and you will love having a backhoe. Now, let's see some pictures.

/ Bought a BX23 today....;) #9  
Congrats, the BX23 is a great tractor, the one I had was a work horse and trouble free. Best of luck to you.
DevilDog