Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #1  

_RaT_

Tractor
Kioti 3510-SE HST
Have you had warranty issues? Don\'t Buy John Deere

Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere, of course I'm only kidding about the John Deere part, but I think it shows how important the subject line is.

So how many of you Kubota owners have had horror stories like the "CW story" and his warranty claim. His subject line was "Don't buy a NEW Kubota, buy used or some other brand." I can't comment on warranty issues either way since I have yet to ever exercise a warranty on either of my Kubota tractors. I should have thought his post should have included right from the begininng more detail, a picture and a description. None were present in his first post but there were false claims that the warranty is not clear. Not until we questioned the authenticity did we ever get a picture from CW. Well, the post is gone and understandably. It's human nature to be defensive. I asked a simple question that never got answered:

Why are you buying another hoe for a tractor that you claim has no warranty.

He also said the warranty was not clear and yet I gave him verbatum exactly what it was. It's black and white. It comes in a brochure with ALL Kubota tractors.

As Billy P said in the imgott post back in June in the JD section about broken sways and I quote "theres more to this story". Billy P, theres a whole lot more to CW's story, especially if you include the subject line. Muhammad you yanked the post, not because of the subject line but rather the response to it? I use the subject line each time I use TBN to decide whether I'm even going to bother reading it. If a post says BX in it, I pass it up, I'm BX'd out and really know nothing about them. Muhammad, I should think the subject line is really rather important, but from your view it was the responses to the post. I take it then that a subject line like "Nothing runs like a Deere, nothing smells like a John, JD sucks" would be OK providing the responses to it are OK? I think the subject line should have been the lead that we had a flamer (my opinion), it should have said something more like "problems with my Kubota warranty" I think the response would have granted him a little more leeway. That, plus it was his number 1 post. Who is this guy? What does he want, pity, for us not to buy Kubota because of his experience, to warn us, to lend an ear. I don't know but the way the subject line was phrased, I'll question the integrity of the poster, it doesn't matter the brand he's chastising. If thats wrong, I'm gone. Rat...

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #2  
Re: Have you had warranty issues? Don\'t Buy John Deere

I've had a one problem.
I have the BX2200 so ....

Sticking HST, an attempt to fix it by the dealer, but it did not take.
In fact the repair was totaly screwed up. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I really bashed the dealer good with the 24 month survey card, thinking that I
would never get a response.
Subsequently, the dealer called back and said that they would come out again.
"Just leave it in the drive way and we'll pick it up."

That was two months ago and it's still sitting in the drive way.
I would say that it is not the machine but the dealer.
Buy another Kubota, maybe, maybe from another dealer.
Sure do like them 2210!

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #3  

Rat, I do think there was a whole lot more to the story but it's a moot point now. As far as flaming, other than the subject line, was done mostly by Kubota owners against CW. Like I said in a post, right before it was deleted, there's a lot of what ifs. What if he was so teed that he was just angry. What if he didn't have free access to a computer to respond like we do. What if he did respond (like he said he did) and it never went through (that has happened to me).

As far as warranty work. I had a bad fuel sending unit and a small hydraulic leak, on this tractor. The 4600 I had before never had a single problem.

By the way, I don't pay much attention to a flaming subject line. It's usually someone ticked off, at the moment and they cool down later. I may read the post but in, most cases, never reply to them. If someone does it on purpose, to flame another brand, they need to grow up.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #4  

By the way, Rat, I do agree with you. You'll get a lot more useful information by using the right subject line.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere

"If someone does it on purpose, to flame another brand, they need to grow up."

Allright BillyP, 100% agreed, that did more to restore my trust and confidence in some of the folks here then most anything could.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #6  

It was the best of posts, it was the worst of posts... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I actually thought the post had some merit, but everyone sees things differently. I did feel that we were finally starting to get to the bottom of the issue when it got yanked. Which is really too bad because there might have been some good info there.

It appears that what a dealer will do for you may or may not always jive with what Kubota allows. If a "thumb" on a backhoe is a no-no waranty wise, then why did the dealer allow/install the modification (assuming they did and not the end user)? I think the simple fix (pardon the pun) is to straighten (again - there he goes with the puns) this out at the dealer level. Nothing the dealer does should void a warranty - PERIOD. If it does, then the dealer needs to pay to have the problem corrected.

Case in point, I asked my dealer for chain hooks on the FEL and he told me no (politely of course). I was thinking earlier that he said it would void the warranty, but I think he actually said it was due to insurance issues. At any rate, he KNEW what he could and couldn't do. It's then up to me to decide if I want to go elsewhere or install myself. In my case I only wanted chain hooks because everyone on TBN told me to get them. I really didn't have a use in mind for the hooks.

Anyway, I hope CW comes back around. I'd like to know more about his issue.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #7  

I think it is rather critical that posts like CW's, or otherwise, are tested where that is necessary to get to the heart of the matter - this is particularly necessary where a post is so conclusive on an important issue. Whether it is to clarify the issue, or to attempt to help the person posting with an issue they are having, information is critical. Without testing the post, many might act upon information that is less than accurate, or simply may jump to conclusions not merited. For example, I did my due dilligence for over two months before deciding I wanted a Kubota - I easily could have gone with a JD or other tractor. I had already ordered my tractor by the time CW posted (and by the way, I am advised that it is on the trailer and on the road and will be here in about 3-4 hours) but if I had not already ordered a tractor, CWs post re "no" real warranty would have really concerned me - could have caused me to change my mind perhaps. But with the inquiries made by others, I began to see that perhaps there was more to it. In that way the thread became more useful. No need to be strident, of course, but that too can happen at times.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #8  

WOW!!!!!! That is what I have to say to all of this. I am new to the board and I have tried to get with the flow so I can get the info I am after or just share some cool stuff I would think the average person to enjoy.
I am a new owner of a Kubota L3130HST. I have only 35hrs on her now. The only problem I have had with the tractor is that it causes bugs in my teeth...... since I have a big old grin on my face when I use her. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
As far as choosing the right dealer I must aggree. My 5' brush hog had a gremlin in it. It would start to hopp around like something was out of balance and then mellow out to perfect. I contacted the dealer....Jividens of Gallopolis OH.....same place I bought the tractor.....and they did not have an answer. There next comment was they will bring me another one. WOW now that is service. They said that what ever it takes......they want me happy. And I was. But come to find out I was to blame for the hopping.....darn steep hills were putting the tractor and mower in a bind and caused the yoke at the gearbox to get cocked off center. But after awhile it would pop back in ad run smooth. I tightened the yoke and will be replacing the 3rd link with a chain. But it sure felt great that the dealer was there and willing to help!

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere

Keith, I couldn't agree more. I too thought things were OK, in fact, I was thinking or hoping CW was scanning the documentaion and preparing the details. I mean, hey, what if I wanted that back hoe. Ironically, my dealer only seems to be stocking the Woods hoe for the L30 series. I'm sure price is the big reason. I for one make modifications all the time, knowing that if I weld the bucket and change the temper of the steel thereby causing it to bend or fail, I will deal with it. A welded hook on the bucket may in fact invalidate the bucket warranty, but should have no consequence on the rest of the tractor. If the dealer does it and informs you that the warranty may very well no longer extend to the modified componet, then he as well should be off the hook (pun intended). I bent my L48 bucket, perhaps because of the welded hook or perhaps because I did not get the HD bucket and the fact that that loader is a beast for a compact tractor and I was curling a massive tree stump. In CW's case, we know little or none of the facts about his unfortunate dipper stick bending or was it twisting. The dealer really should be participating with you in warranty work especially when it involves the manufactuer yet we really didn't hear much about the dealers response, at least in CW's words. I would think a good dealer would be quite an asset if such a circumstance is ever encountered.

/ Have you had warranty issues? Don't Buy John Deere #10  

Yep, it's a pity CW started the thread the way he did. I realize that may have been his first post EVER on the internet, but jeeze! You'd think he would have considered what he was saying if he knew it was going to be in print for all to see.

My first thoughts at how to respond to the original post certainly were not what I posted. I actually had a much harsher reply, but then I fugured maybe he just doesn't realize what he's doing. So I toned it down and asked for details.

You'd be surprised (well maybe you wouldn't) at the "stuff" I see everyday on the internet. I run a computer service company and we have customers calling us every week due to virus infections, or e-mail hoaxes, or other stuff they hear or do to their own systems. I've seen e-mails aimed at Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Dr. Pepper, ABC, and other large corporations where the stuff they accuse them of is completely false. I've seen otherwise good and honest people begin e-mail campaigns to boycott companies based on completly false information. It's unreal what these people will believe from a complete stranger. CW's post reeked of just that from the way it was started. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.