questions on B2320

/ questions on B2320 #11  
Sorry to ask question that had been answered elsewhere on a TBN forum back in 2010 - about the 3 pt. hitch types. I now see the basic differences among up-down, 1/4 " valve and position control.

Debp

Yes, there have been a lot of posts on hitch types and some changing attitudes once a person has had to live with one. Check chains to maintain height and bungee cords on lift levers to allow float have been used to mitigate some of the issues. Those who have no experience with position control "generally" have less trouble living with it than others, but as noted for some it is not an issue.

/ questions on B2320 #12  
I'm not a farmer, I'm a home landscaper. TripleR is the farmer I go to for farmer advise and he to does home landscaping or his wife does.:D
Any way, I have a Boxblade, plow, tiller, bush hog mower and Ferguson Over seeder which I rarely use any of them on my 3pth. I mostly do FEL and BH work.
I had a L3240 with position control which makes it nice to set a lever on a number and that's the position over/on/in the ground where the implement stays till you change the number. All of the rest of the Kubotas I've owned had/have 1/4 inching position control, I drop it to the bottom and drive while tapping the lever till the implement attains the level I desire. Most of my implements are drop to the bottom and take off sooooo position control or 1/4 inching has never been of much concern to me. Have had a few times that I saw the value of numbered position control but it has been very rare. For my uses I'd never choose one tractor over another because of position control vs 1/4 inching unless the price was the same then I'd for sure take the numbered position control but wouldn't pay much more for it even back in the day when I used to trade Kubotas and was considering trade value.

/ questions on B2320
Thanks to everyone for advice. I think we are closing in on our tractor. We have gone from B2320, to L3200, now leaning strongly toward the B2620. I really like the size of the B series - they just seem to fit 5 acres of planned orchard, gardens and wildlife area. We would have them install after market skid steer quick attach, and at our dealership that requires a 5' bucket. My remaining concern about the B2620 is whether it will have enough lift capacity given you already have the power loss of an HST and the after market bucket is an extra 150 lbs. Does anyone have experience with this type of quick attach fix on the B2620? Is the B2620 up to that bucket and does it feel stable with that bucket? The quick attach is important to us, as we think we will eventually be getting forks.
Also, given the $650 cost of putting on the QA bucket, the price difference with an L3200 HST is only $2000, at least as quoted so far, and that seems a bit too close in price to the L3200 HST. Any thoughts on that?

/ questions on B2320 #14  
I'm not too sure, but if it is a regular skid steer style mount, a 48" Bobcat bu
cket should fit. It's been a while since I been around that size machine so I might be mistaken, but it is sure worth looking into. A 60" bucket is going to be way TOO BIG for a B2620.
By the way, who is the dealer you're working with?

/ questions on B2320 #15  
you already have the power loss of an HST
I'm not sure that minimal loss of power affects the hydraulic lift power of the FEL.
For me the biggest difference between the L and the B is the weight for traction and how high you sit offf of the ground. The B2320, B2620 and B2920 will all lose traction before they run out of power. Same with most of the BXs.
I did run low on power pulling the crest of a steep hill with a 6' Landpride RFM on the back of a Grand L3240HST and it never fazed the B7800 or B3200. The RFM would swing the Bs when I made the turn at the bottom of the hill but it didn't affect the L at twice the weight of the Bs and the same HP for both. I loved the L3240 but it was scary on my steep hills since I was so high off of the ground vs the feeling of the Bs which felt scary compared to the BXs and Fs. My mind said I was scared and facts didn't matter.:) :shocked: :confused3:
How much weight do you think you have to lift each time before you'll be satisfied for the amount of money you spent?

/ questions on B2320
So, it sounds like you would not worry that a 6' bucket and the extra 150 pounds would NOT be a problem for the B2620, JOHNTHOMAS. But azbinder is pretty sure it would be too big. We are on almost flat 5 acres. The dealer is a big Kubota dealer with a decent reputation around here. Has anyone else had this adjustment made on the B2620 or 2920?

Last edited:
   / questions on B2320 #17  
Thanks to everyone for advice. I think we are closing in on our tractor. We have gone from B2320, to L3200, now leaning strongly toward the B2620. I really like the size of the B series - they just seem to fit 5 acres of planned orchard, gardens and wildlife area. We would have them install after market skid steer quick attach, and at our dealership that requires a 5' bucket. My remaining concern about the B2620 is whether it will have enough lift capacity given you already have the power loss of an HST and the after market bucket is an extra 150 lbs. Does anyone have experience with this type of quick attach fix on the B2620? Is the B2620 up to that bucket and does it feel stable with that bucket? The quick attach is important to us, as we think we will eventually be getting forks.
Also, given the $650 cost of putting on the QA bucket, the price difference with an L3200 HST is only $2000, at least as quoted so far, and that seems a bit too close in price to the L3200 HST. Any thoughts on that?

I wouldn't put a SSQA on the LA364 loader on a B2620. You simply don't have the lift capacity available on that loader/tractor combination to waste it on heavy buckets and QA components. If you need a SSQA (what are you planning on attaching to it?), I would go with the L series.

/ questions on B2320
Thanks, rider0. Even the dealer mentioned the added weight, leaving us with concern about it. I see on another thread that there is a Kubota QA (B- 1658) that others are using for Kubota attachments. Would this be a lighter weight solution?

/ questions on B2320 #19  
Thanks, rider0. Even the dealer mentioned the added weight, leaving us with concern about it. I see on another thread that there is a Kubota QA (B- 1658) that others are using for Kubota attachments. Would this be a lighter weight solution?

The B-1658 is basically used for forks and bucket (I'm not aware of any other attachments it works with). It's very light and the major disadvantage is moving the bucket a bit farther from the pivot points. You can do an implement switch in under 60 seconds. It adds absolutely no weight to the bucket itself (it uses the stock bucket pins). I would highly recommend it if you only need to use forks and bucket. Kubota sells 48", 50", 54", and 60" (referred to as the "light material bucket") buckets with the same loader arm and pin spacing, so you do have a choice of buckets if you are moving bulky materials. The standard 50" bucket is probably the best primary bucket for the B2620 as it is just a bit wider than the wheel tracks but well matched to the power of the loader for moving dense materials.

/ questions on B2320
Thanks for this info. Very helpful.