New M7040 HDC-1

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #1  

curtisfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
M7040, L48, KX121-3, RTV 1100 and a couple of older Fords
Hoping for delivery tomorrow of a new M7040 HDC-1!! Yay! Sold 1 of my L48s which had a HST problem and took the opportunity to get one of these. I have been wanting a cab tractor bad and since I already have another new L48 I went for this. I went cab, R4s, single remote, no radio, or defogger.....just saved every penny I had to get into a new machine. Saved $1,500 intead of 0% and also got the last batch of M7040s up this way not having Tier 4 stuff which I was hoping to avoid like the plaque. I went R4s as I use it on lawns and finished areas as well. The front ag tires look like aggressive 10 speed bike tires, skinnnnnyyyyy! Tires are loaded, getting my own radio, figured the rear defogger at over $500 isn't worth it as my RTV and KX excavtor do fine with a wipe of a paper towel the 10X a year I would need it. Got rear wiper too. Considered a M8560, but just too much tractor for my needs. I am the type of guy who wouldn't blink an eye (I am not rich or bragging, just acknowledge the long term value of doing things right the 1st time) at $5K over the life of a tractor for the right tractor. Just thought it was too big for what I do. A competing dealer offered the extended warranty included in the same price so I got the dealer I use to include that as well. I was extremely, incredibly unhappy with the trade in value offered and repair bill offered for my ailing L48, I am talking insulting, so I would have walked away from them if it were $1 more. I believe in voting with my feet to prove a point. Who knows if they knew I was willing to do so as I got a very competitive price ($41,481 as detailed with above options) or if they really wanted to sell the machine. Seems like I was about to be raped by service and they would have made 5X the $ if I accepted their trade. Looking forward to my new machine and finally having a cab. Read all the M7040 threads on here and was very appreciative of the advice I recived here about my HST problem. Cheers everybody on TBN and from an Irishman.....Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor, be sure to have your camera handy. I predict you will love the cab, we do ours. Our local dealer recommends aftermarket radios as they are cheaper and for the money Kubota charges, you can get a much better one. I don't have defoggers on our M, but do on our L, you can always put them on later if you really find you need them.

I bought a new L5740 this year to avoid the Tier IV stuff too even though my L5030 had a lot of good years left in it.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #3  
concrates on the 7040

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #4  
Congrats. That's been a very popular model

/ New M7040 HDC-1
To me the M7040 seems like a very popular model as it is bigger than a compact, but not as big as the 8560/9660s which start the line up of big ag tractors. 70HP seems to be an ideal balance of being able to do most ag tasks while still retaining a decent frame size allowing landscaping and utility. It is also the biggest tractor you can get with R4 tires as well.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #6  
Congrats on your new purchase!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics.

:thumbsup:

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #7  
Congrats on your new tractor! Lovin' mine! I've got an L3130 and the M7040 now - and at this point I'm wondering how I ever made it with only one tractor...

OK - maybe that's an exaggeration - but I've put more hours on the two tractors in the last 60 days than I did over the last couple of years when I just had the L. Seems they compliment each other well!

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #9  
Congrats on your new tractor! Lovin' mine! I've got an L3130 and the M7040 now - and at this point I'm wondering how I ever made it with only one tractor...

OK - maybe that's an exaggeration - but I've put more hours on the two tractors in the last 60 days than I did over the last couple of years when I just had the L. Seems they compliment each other well!

Ain't it the truth, I often say the perfect tractor really is two tractors.:thumbsup:

/ New M7040 HDC-1 #10  
enjoy that new tractor.