New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM
When my wife bought the L3940 it was still in the crate and she told then do not put any extra stickers on it. They'll slap them right on the hood, ugly.

Very nice looking rig BTW.

I have an unexplained hatred of dealer stickers, they slapped them on my Ford after I told them not to, no words were exchanged my icy stare was enough for them to rush a guy out to remove them.

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #32  
When my wife's JD 5065M was delivered it had stickers from the dealer it was transferred in from and not the dealer she bought it from. We carefully tried to remove the sticker but seen it wasn't going to happen without either leaving a lot of goo or messing up the hood so we got 2 stickers from the local dealer she bought it from and stuck them over the others. His stickers were much less obnoxious than the others were. Last new car we bought I told them if there was a dealer tag screwed into the plastic front bumper then we wouldn't take delivery of the car.

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #33  
That's the model (less the BH and mower) I've been threatening my wife I would trade my B7510 in for. Enjoy and add the pics to the family scrapbook!

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #34  
I have an unexplained hatred of dealer stickers, they slapped them on my Ford after I told them not to, no words were exchanged my icy stare was enough for them to rush a guy out to remove them.

Did you kill any ducks with that icy stare? (if you don't watch Duck Dynasty, this will mean nothing to you :))

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #36  
"Hey" we watch Duck Dynasty up here in Washington state!

That's what I'm talking bout, Jack! :)

The Easter Bunny brought my daughter season 1 on DVD for Easter...she (we) have already finished disc 2! LOVE that show!

Back on topic...any videos from the weekend with the new B? :)

No videos yet, spent most of the weekend reading the manuals and figuring out the tractor. I got the backhoe removed, the pins were tighter than I thought they would be so I spent some time jogging it back and forth trying to get the pins loose thinking there was still pressure on them from the backhoe. There was no grease on them which didn't help. My plan was to mow a patch of grass that's getting tall for starters but upon inspection I found there are rocks to be removed, the ground needs to be rolled and leveled. I decided to buy a box blade and roller instead. I picked up both at the local Wilco Farm store. I did get to use the FEL to lift it out of my truck, pretty cool. The box blade weighs 378 lbs so naturally I bought chain good for 6,200 lbs lol.

So then I needed to remove the mower deck, I forgot the 3pt hitch had to be installed to raise/lower the mower deck so that ate up some time figuring that out. :duh: Now that I have removed it once I could drop that mower deck in 3-4 minutes pull 3 pins, pull the PTO drive line, simple. Dont' know why the manual makes it so complicated. Drove back over/off the deck no problem.

Now I don't know what to play with first, backhoe or box blade. I need to move the box blade and already have the 3pt hitch installed so I may go test that today, then put the backhoe back on and get to work.

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #38  
No videos yet, spent most of the weekend reading the manuals and figuring out the tractor. I got the backhoe removed, the pins were tighter than I thought they would be so I spent some time jogging it back and forth trying to get the pins loose thinking there was still pressure on them from the backhoe. There was no grease on them which didn't help. My plan was to mow a patch of grass that's getting tall for starters but upon inspection I found there are rocks to be removed, the ground needs to be rolled and leveled. I decided to buy a box blade and roller instead. I picked up both at the local Wilco Farm store. I did get to use the FEL to lift it out of my truck, pretty cool. The box blade weighs 378 lbs so naturally I bought chain good for 6,200 lbs lol.

So then I needed to remove the mower deck, I forgot the 3pt hitch had to be installed to raise/lower the mower deck so that ate up some time figuring that out. :duh: Now that I have removed it once I could drop that mower deck in 3-4 minutes pull 3 pins, pull the PTO drive line, simple. Dont' know why the manual makes it so complicated. Drove back over/off the deck no problem.

Now I don't know what to play with first, backhoe or box blade. I need to move the box blade and already have the 3pt hitch installed so I may go test that today, then put the backhoe back on and get to work.

On the bh pins i have the same issue. I believe its the paint that makes it tight, you'll find this on several other pins too. Some people file it a bit, but i just use a very small brass hammer and that works well. A year later and now they're lose enough to do by hand. The bh thumb is another tight fit too.

/ New B2920 just landed! 29 pics FEL, BH, Thumb, MMM #39  
I noticed the deck looks very similar to the deck on my BX2200. It is fairly easy to take off, and would be very easy if it was a drive over, but wrestling a 250lb deck out from under is a PITA. I like the AutoConnect on the Deere's, but it's not too bad if you only have to pull the pins and PTO. I've put off my purchase for a while, so I have plenty of time to research......and drool!

Hey tractchores nah man its not the paint, while I had the backhoe off I checked the pin fit in both the backhoe and the backhoe frame the pins fit loose in both no paint interference, any tightness therefore is due to alignment. I just reinstalled the backhoe tonight, easy job. Took about 5 minutes to line up the tractor pulling back and forth until I found out it was just easier to yank the backhow into position. Raised it up on the bottom mounts then raised it up to put the top pins in, I greased everything, pins when it by hand about 3/4 of the way, tapped them the rest of the way in with light taps with a hammer and were still able to turn them by hand once fully seated. Mind you this is on a flat garage floor.