Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  1. #11
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,409
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    I wonder how many people will do emissions deletes on the tier 4 tractors after the warranty is up.

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22
    Location
    TX
    Tractor
    None

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    I went and checked out the new L6060 today. The dealer I've been talking to called me to let me know it was in. I have to say it is VERY nice. The fit and finish of the cab is superb. The cab gives you more leg room and the air ride seat is sweet. They were actually in the process of the assembly, but I was able to sit in the cab. I think I am going for it....Living on the wild side and going Tier 4.
    -kubota2-jpg-kubota3-jpg-kubota4-jpg-kubota5-jpg

  3. #13
    Platinum Member kcender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    679
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    B2620 GR2120

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjswag View Post
    I went and checked out the new L6060 today. The dealer I've been talking to called me to let me know it was in. I have to say it is VERY nice. The fit and finish of the cab is superb. The cab gives you more leg room and the air ride seat is sweet. They were actually in the process of the assembly, but I was able to sit in the cab. I think I am going for it....Living on the wild side and going Tier 4.
    -kubota2-jpg-kubota3-jpg-kubota4-jpg-kubota5-jpg
    Looks very nice.I must say I prefer the dark grey color a lot more than the tan color in the older models.

  4. #14
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,409
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default

    I like how the back window wraps around on the it. I don't like the windshield washer resivoir on the back. The new seat looks nice.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22
    Location
    TX
    Tractor
    None

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    There is no longer a clutch. The brakes have been moved to the left side. The floor pedal is now aluminum instead of black and the interior fender well panels are some sort of rigid cushioned material, it slightly gives when you press it.

  6. #16
    Super Member crazyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,888
    Location
    Northern Vermont

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    I like the hand throttle on the side but I'm not sure if I would like not having a clutch. It's a pain when starting but I always use it when engaging the PTO since they are now a switch. Did you find out the difference in price between the 5740 and the 6060?
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

  7. #17
    Platinum Member PSDStu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    646
    Location
    Marianna, FL
    Tractor
    Kubota, M5040 HDC, L4060 HSTC, BX2360, RTV 1140

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    Nice looking pics...... but I don't think thats an air ride seat.......at least it's not like the air ride seat in my M5040.

  8. #18
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,298
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    Nice looking tractor and I do like the seat, also glad to see the last of the clutch, dislike brakes on the left. I am glad I bought the L5740, but can see why people like the L6060. I may add an air ride seat to mine.

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    22
    Location
    TX
    Tractor
    None

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    I like the hand throttle on the side but I'm not sure if I would like not having a clutch. It's a pain when starting but I always use it when engaging the PTO since they are now a switch. Did you find out the difference in price between the 5740 and the 6060?
    There is $3000 price difference with the first initial dealer quotes and no negotiations.

  10. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,415
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

    Default Re: L5740 or wait for L6060?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Nice looking tractor and I do like the seat, also glad to see the last of the clutch, dislike brakes on the left. I am glad I bought the L5740, but can see why people like the L6060. I may add an air ride seat to mine.

    Brakes on the left?
    ******

    May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Difference in L6060 Grand w/1055 FEL and M6060 Cab with HD FEL?
    By Matt in Virginia in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 12:44 PM
  2. The Wait is Over
    By Tarheeler in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM
  3. The Wait is Over, Almost
    By Tarheeler in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 08:40 AM
  4. The wait is over
    By Tattooz in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
  5. Should I wait?
    By Rolando in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.