L5740 or wait for L6060?

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #31  
I was hoping the 1055 loader would be a lot stronger than the 854 but it is not.

I noticed this too.
Interesting how the all new loaders are rated at less capacities (all around) than the older models.

The new dash looks good. I wish the L40s had that needle fuel gauge.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #32  
I noticed this too.
Interesting how the all new loaders are rated at less capacities (all around) than the older models.

The new dash looks good. I wish the L40s had that needle fuel gauge.

The new dash is nice, I think the whole interior looks nicer than a L40.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #33  
The new dash is nice, I think the whole interior looks nicer than a L40.

Yeah- the interior of the cab pretty much rocks! They look darn nice- going to be paying quite a bit more though. Still very happy I just bought my 4240 new- the "equivalent" 4060 actually loses a couple of horsepower...

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #34  
I've never had a tractor without a flat floor board so brakes on one side or the other never made a difference to me. My 580k has them in the center, maybe even a bit to the right but it also has a flat floor so I just move my feet as needed. But I don't operate the HST with my toe/ heel so there's more room on the right when moving forward. Once the local dealers start getting them I'm sure I'll check one out out of curiosity.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #35  
Kind of hard for me to tell, but it looks like the lever cruise control has been replaced with one similar to that used in a car, if it has I much prefer the old lever type. I do really like the 4WD lever location, much easier to use.

I wonder if the L60 seat will fit in the L40; might be interested in that.

I grew up on tractors with the throttle on the steering column and prefer it, but our M8540 has the throttle like the L60, so it's not a big deal.

I would have to see one in person to see if the interior is "nicer".

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #36  
I was hoping the 1055 loader would be a lot stronger than the 854 but it is not.

Are they just being rated differently,at a different point?It seems if they are measured the same then it would be another 200 kilograms,or about 445 pounds,of lift.That would be a fair amount of improvement.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #37  
Are they just being rated differently,at a different point?It seems if they are measured the same then it would be another 200 kilograms,or about 445 pounds,of lift.That would be a fair amount of improvement.

The specs I compared were the lift capacity at 500mm.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #38  
I am due for a new tractor. My dealer had to do a bit of searching but found me one of the few remaining 5740's. I was afraid to get the new L6060 the first year of production. They look fairly complicated and I want them to work all the bugs out them before I get one. All the fancy electronics are nice when it works but when it does not work it can be a nightmare.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #39  
Just curious, what would you need a 1000rpm rear PTO for in that HP range? There's one implement here on the farm that can use 540 or 1000 and that's a Kuhn Disc Mower Conditioner and 60hp is the minimum for it.
PTO speed options on a 6 spline stub come in handy when you do a wide variety of different things. In the case of sprayer pumps its perfect as these accomodate higher speed fine and performance improves. 1000 is a a bit high for speed sensitive items cuz you have to run the tractor engine so much slower - it would be nice to have 750. Still, running a PTO gen at light steady load is a perfect opportunity to save fuel. Roto tillers thrive at a little above 540. !000 is workable here. 750 would be much better. Snow throwers as well.
,,,,You see people starting threads wanting a more appropriate speed for whatever theyre doing. The cost of an auxiliary gearbox is prohibitive, to say nothing of the logistics of using it. Tractors in the 20+ hp range used to have the option built in. Building it out didnt save much, but its now a limiting corner that has been allowed to form driven by the "economy" customer without the foresight given by wider experience.
larry

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #40  
Grand L60 brochure, got it from another thread:

http://www.toplinetrailers.com/documents/L60.pdf

Does anybody know for sure if this brochure is right? It talks about the new high pressure common rail fuel system but then in the specs shows an indirect injected engine. I'm confused because indirect injection and high pressure common rail in a medium speed diesel don't go together unless Kubota has something new. The high pressure common rail system should be for a direct injection multi-shot cleaner and more economical, although more expensive, engine. Could this spec sheet be wrong? See that Kubota still doesn't have the specs on their site.