L5740 or wait for L6060?

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #1  

jjswag

Tractor
None
Ok......I've got some great opinions from some here on TBN. I have decided on The Grand L series for my first tractor and am ready to buy this week. The question is, Do I wait for the new L6060 Tier 4 due out in a couple of weeks, or do I purchase the last L5740. Knowing that the L6060 cab will be roomier and have air ride seat option.

Thanks!

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #2  
Have an air ride put in the L5740.I would not want to deal with Tier 4.Nothing wrong with the Grand cabs now.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #3  
How much roomier is the cab? I have never felt a need for more room in mine, but you might feel differently, won't hurt to compare. Like a lot of people, I want nothing to do with the Tier IV stuff so I bought new this year.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #4  
go with the L5740. I never want the first run of any product. Too much risk of early run design flaws. Plus I want nothing to do with tier 4. Bought my L5740 last spring for those reasons.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #5  
My L5740 gets used hard and at high power levels is a fuel hog. The DI engine will get much better fuel efficiency. I was set to trade - my dealer told me he could make me a good deal when the new ones are available because so many people are afraid of Tier IV but I may need to add a larger tractor and adding a M110GX sand trading up from a 5740 to a 6060 in the sme year may be too much for me. However my larger tractor purchase may go to New Holland due to using DEF on their T5 series instead of more EGR plus DPF. But someday people will find that indirect injection diesels are as obsolete as carbureted gas engine cars.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #8  
My L5740 gets used hard and at high power levels is a fuel hog. The DI engine will get much better fuel efficiency. I was set to trade - my dealer told me he could make me a good deal when the new ones are available because so many people are afraid of Tier IV but I may need to add a larger tractor and adding a M110GX sand trading up from a 5740 to a 6060 in the sme year may be too much for me. However my larger tractor purchase may go to New Holland due to using DEF on their T5 series instead of more EGR plus DPF. But someday people will find that indirect injection diesels are as obsolete as carbureted gas engine cars.

I do like the direct injection part, but not the other things that go with Tier IV, if I could have one without the other, I would jump on it.

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #9  
My view... If there were two tractors on the lot - one Tier 3 and one Tier 4 - and BOTH met my needs, I'd buy the Tier 3. BUT, if the Tier 4 tractor was the "better" tractor I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm more concerned with diesel fuel regulations than I am with Tier 4.

The Tier 4 regs have been coming for quite some time and I'm just not willing to believe Kubota - or any other mfg - waited until yesterday to start working on how they would meet the new, more stingent, standards. I think we'll have this exact same discussion when Tier 5 is introduced in the future - at which point we'll all want a Tier 4 before they're all gone.... ;)

/ L5740 or wait for L6060? #10  
The way I see it is that you can buy a 60 series engine that may or may not be the best design to meet the tier 4 standards. I'm sure Kubota has tested it and must feel pretty confident in it but who knows what the real world effects are going to be. Right now there are several manufacturers going in different directions when it comes to emissions. I have a feeling that we are going to see plenty of changes which could possibly mean some of the tractors sold over the next couple of years being black sheep. 10 years down the road it's possible that people avoid buying them and either opt for newer or older.

I usually feel much better about changes when a company designs them because they feel they can increase sales. Tier 4 (all the emissions tiers) were forced on them and they had to make the engine work. When I bought my 4240 I wasn't too worried because I plan on keeping it for 20 or more years. I think it really comes down to your plans and what you think the future will hold.