Price Check Backhoe?

/ Backhoe? #1  

Brutus51

Tractor
BX25
I have a BX2360 and I'm looking at a BT601 backhoe. Will it fit on the back and what is a good price for a used one? It's not in bad shape but has been used...

/ Backhoe? #2  
The only BX series tractors that will acccept a backhoe are the BX22, BX23,BX24,BX25, and the BX25D. These tractors are FACTORY built as TLB's. Kubota does NOT off er a backhoe for any other BX tractor.

/ Backhoe? #4  
Woods made aftermarket backhoes for some...

/ Backhoe? #5  
I have a BX2360 and I'm looking at a BT601 backhoe. Will it fit on the back and what is a good price for a used one? It's not in bad shape but has been used...

The BT601 is the Kubota backhoe for a BX24, which was the TLB version of the BX tractors one generation earlier than your BX2360. So it's the right size for your tractor, but...

1. You don't have the right mounting configuration to put it on your tractor. It does not go on the 3 point hitch. The BX24 had a built-in heavy-duty mounting arrangement with 4 mounting points designed specifically to attach the backhoe. You'd have to fabricate a custom mounting setup similar to that on your tractor.
2. The reason Kubota makes special BX models for a backhoe is to add a reinforced chassis since backhoes put a lot of stress on the tractor and to give the tractor a slightly larger hydraulic pump for operating the backhoe. Your BX2360 has neither of those enhancements. There are aftermarket backhoes for BX tractors, so you probably can use that backhoe on your tractor, once you get it mounted, but it's not going to be as strong as a true factory setup.
3. The other adventure would be figuring out where you are going to sit to operate the backhoe. Again, the original BX24 had a special flip-over driver's seat that could be turned the other way. Your BX2360 doesn't have that, of course, so you'd either have to buy one from Kubota (ka-ching $$$!!), find one at a junk yard, or get mighty creative with your fabrication skills.
4. Finally, you'll need to figure out the plumbing to get the hydraulic lines hooked up.

Occasionally one of these orphan backhoes shows up that never should have been separated from the nice little TLB it belonged with. Someone with the skill and the time could probably score a hot deal and adapt it to fit their BX, but for people like me, if I had to have a backhoe, it would just be way easier to get the Woods aftermarket one.

/ Backhoe? #6  
I don't know my Orange, but isn't the BT601 a 3pt hoe ?
My BT601 is a frame mount on my BX24. From what I have read and seen if your tractor did not come with a backhoe, there is a lot of extra frame supports that need to be purchased to mount the Kubota hoe to the point that you would be better off to sell your current tractor and purchase a used tractor with a hoe.

/ Backhoe? #7  
The BT601 is the Kubota backhoe for a BX24, which was the TLB version of the BX tractors one generation earlier than your BX2360. So it's the right size for your tractor, but...

Grandad4 has it right. I had a BX 2200 previously and had to go with the Woods groundbreaker backhoe which came with a subframe mount, rotating seat, and lots of extra plumbing. It was a good unit but I prefer the Kubota tlb version I have now.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Backhoe? #8  
Brutus -- I am not sure how you found a bt601 BH - They are only shipped with units with subframes already made into it. Your subframe is missing the hook and holes for the BH along with power beyond ports. Your BX has a option to add more hydraulic ports but not in same physical location as BX24 and you also would need 2 tank return connections.

If I were you , I'd either look into trading for a BX that already has BH or look into the woods model that mounts on 3pt and use pto power for hydrualics.

/ Backhoe? #9  
I was in the same boat some time back, having a 2660 and thinking of adding a BH. Probably a year or so ago I was quoted $6k for the Woods bh. With the associated work/expense that pretty much took care of that option. I recently came across a low time BX23 for half the cost of the Woods unit. I think you will either have to bite the bullet and sell/trade for a BH equipped unit or step into it as I did.

You may be able to do the work and convert your unit to accept the BH, but what you lack ultimately is the heavier frame designed to deal with the BH stresses. I just found it wasn't worth doing.

/ Backhoe? #10  
I guess the questioin I have to ask is, Does the backhoe include all of the subframe assembly and needed hydraulics, or is it just the backhoe ONLY?. I just checked Kubota's dealer parts listing and the subframe is not listed, therefore, apparently not available.