Buying Advice 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #1  

Byrdnyrd

Silver Member
Plymouth MA (where they burned the Witches)
Tractor
BX2370 60" MMM with bagger, BX5450 Front mount Blower, soft cab, 48" Brush hog, Several Gravely's, Lots of Land Rovers, Best wife EVER!!
Hi all,

Quick question: can someone tell me the Model Number of the 54" FINE CUT mid mount mower.

I want to be sure I order the correct number. The model numbers are not listed in the BX brochure.

Thank you!

BN

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM
Never mind! I found it!

If you "Build My Kubota" and hit "Print Quote" it lists the part numbers

For the record the part number for the 54" FINE CUT mower is: RCK54P23BX-54

Cheers,
BN

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #3  
I had a reg 54" MMM on my Bx2360 and have since got a new Bx2670 and went with the 60" MMM. A lot of members suggested the 60" and after seeing the difference ( not in cut but 5' is WIDE ) I wish I would have gone with it in the first place.Just a thought to pass along before you commit to a 54".Maybe a $200.00 difference.:2cents::cool2:

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM
BX,

My property has a lot of trees on its not exactly flat. I like the idea of the smaller mower and everyone seems to think the Fine Cut deck works well.

Thanks for the input! I love this forum!!

BN

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #5  
Just remember that the 60 inch deck sticks out on the left side more and you have a smaller uncut radius when going around trees, so I would look at the 60 very hard. The 60 inch deck has a balancer bar that equalizes side to side that also helps in uneven ground.

David Kb7uns

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #6  
My normal recommendation is the smallest tractor and the widest deck you can fit between the narrowest points you have to drive between. The larger overhang is a plus too!

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #7  
I went through this a few years ago when buying my 2660. I, too, was going for the 54. The ability to get closer to ditches, trees and fences and have more clearance to the tires actually makes the 60 pretty good. I'm happy I went for it and was happy I followed these guys advise. One thing I've done is put a 1/4" eye-bolt with a rope thru the eye and thru the rubber outlet skirt. If I need to I can just pull it up to get inside obstructions.

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #8  
I must be in the minority here.I prefer the 54 inch deck due to parts of my yard being uneven,I figure the smaller deck will follow the land better and not dig in as much.As far as fine cut verses regular cut,I have had both and don't see much difference between them.The fine cut is supposed to make smaller clippings but I never really measured them :laughing:

/ 54 Inch Fine Cut MMM #10  
The overhang is definitely a good thing but the 54 inch on my BX2360 will mow as close as possible to an object without any other part of the tractor hitting the object.