New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #11  
You'll love the M7040! The "switch" between HST and standard is fairly easy, but you will get confused every now and then (at least I do). I sometimes find myself sitting at a stand still and wondering why the tractor isn't moving forward - or backward as the case may be!

I have the "standard" AG's on mine. Never thought they looked out of place, but then again my M7040 is the only one I have ever seen (I don't get out much). The one I bought was the only one on the lot!

Actually, I looked at M7040's at another dealer before I bought mine - but I was only interested in the width of the foot print. Needed mine to be as narrow as possible...

Here is a thread on tires, I had never paid much attention prior to this either: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/254518-new7040-tire-option.html

My son and I can really identify with sitting there wondering why it isn't moving. We often work together and switch back and forth between the M8540 and L5740. We pull almost door to door to switch out and one day I noticed we were both sitting there with blank looks on our faces as we "rebooted" our brains to the tractor then the "light bulb" went on and we took off at almost the same time.:laughing:

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #12  
We pull almost door to door to switch out and one day I noticed we were both sitting there with blank looks on our faces as we "rebooted" our brains to the tractor then the "light bulb" went on and we took off at almost the same time.:laughing:
Amen to that! Although I have to admit I had the "reboot" fail on me today and I hadn't even driven the L3130! :cool:

That said - once the "reboot" occurs you're golden! :thumbsup:

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #13  
Amen to that! Although I have to admit I had the "reboot" fail on me today and I hadn't even driven the L3130! :cool:

That said - once the "reboot" occurs you're golden! :thumbsup:

Yep, once you get started it's really never a factor after you get acclimated to the new system. I operated a synchro-shuttle for twelve years before getting the hydro-shuttle and it took me quite a while to stop using the foot clutch to change directions.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #14  
The third pic is the proof - that Titan holds up the Grolsch bottle without bellying out or anything !! The bottle isn't really full though.....

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #15  
Sorry to get off topic - Curtisfarmer's new M7040 is sure a fine looking machine. But when I saw the third picture it reminded me of a tragic accident picture that was circulating a few years ago.

Attachments

• beer in the road.jpg
    beer in the road.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
   / New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #16  
Great looking tractor. You're going to love it. Be Safe.

Charlie

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #17  
Wow! That's one nice machine.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #18  
Great tractor. Better dealer! Why didn't my dealer deliver with a beer waiting for me in the cup holder?!?!?!? Love it! :drink:

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #19  
Sorry to get off topic - Curtisfarmer's new M7040 is sure a fine looking machine. But when I saw the third picture it reminded me of a tragic accident picture that was circulating a few years ago.

I think there's a bottle up front that isn't broken.

/ New M7040 HDC-1 with R4s #20  
That looks good with the R4's on it,Congrats:thumbsup: