Decided on L5740HSTC

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #1  

paulg1968

Thanks for all the advice on tractorbynet.com from everyone. Today I purchased the L5740HSTC today and should have it next week hopefully. I looked at many tractors of all brands and there are many nice ones out there, but I couldn't beat the deal I got. Tractor, FEL, Quick Attach bucket, R4 with Rim-guard, third function for bucket, two rear remotes, radio, rear wiper, rear work lights for 39,000.00 plus tax. I really didn't necessarily need that much HP and wasn't even shopping for that size originally, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I couldn't get a 60 series in a L4760 for that price anywhere I looked. L5240 and L4740 were few and far between and I wanted to stay with a local dealer. I guess my timing worked out for this deal.

One thing that is hard to figure is how Deere sells any compacts over Kubota in my area because of the price differences I was seeing. I really shopped the Deere pretty hard also. The comparable 4720 was easily 5K more. The features may be arguably better on one or the other slightly, but I honestly think the Kubota wins overall. Deere is certainly not 5K better no matter what anyone says in my opinion. The Deere 4320 was 1K more and that tractor is 48 HP. I looked at the Massey 1660 and Mahindra 60HP and they all looked very nice and I'm sure they are great tractors. They have some very attractive pricing (roughly 5K less) and some nice features but I keep going back to the thought of resale someday. I just came to the conclusion (right or wrong) the savings now will not make up for the loss of value in the end due to not being a Deere or Kubota.

Again, thanks to all the contributors on this site, it makes the process much more fun and educational.

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor and as mentioned previously, you got an exceptionally good deal. I think you will be very happy with it and keep your camera handy when it arrives. Are you having them weld hooks on the bucket and which bucket did you get?

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #4  
congrats enjoy your new tractor.

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #5  
Congrats on your new tractor.

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #6  
Sounds like a good deal 2 me, congrats!

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #7  
Congratulations on your decision and purchase. As TripleR says, take some pics to share and for your days ahead to look back on "When it was new".:cool2:

/ Decided on L5740HSTC #8  
Congratulations. You got it set up with a lot of really nice and incredible useful options. Timing is everything!