Buying Advice Kubota b5200 and subsoiler?

/ Kubota b5200 and subsoiler? #1  

dbp

Tractor
None
I live in East Central Florida and live on 5 acres with a small hobby farm 1/4 mile away that is another 3 acres and aspire to acquire more connected land (hoping to eventually have 20 acres or so). I currently do all my mowing with a BadBoy mower which works fine but I could really use a tractor for many tasks. There is a Kubota b5200 in nice shape for sale near me and while my 1st thought was that this would be too small, I have read many posts on this site about the b5200 and I believe it would probably do at least 80% of what I need and would be easy on the wallet to own and operate. I would use it mostly for mowing with a bush hog, digging post holes, moving dirt around, removing/relocating small palms, etc.

I also need to run some water and electric lines down at the 3 acres and it would be really nice if I could do this with the b5200. I researched "ditch witch" type of attachments and everything I found is both too expensive and require more PTO HP than the b5200 has. I have read articles and looked at videos where a subsoiler is used for this and it seems this would be the ticket. Most of the videos I have seen appear to be larger tractors and when I look at the specs for subsoilers they also indicate more HP than the b5200 would be required. Our soil is soft here in FL and I am obviously not worried about freezing but I would like to get my lines down a good foot or so. I don't mind if I would have to make several passes to get down to the depth I want. Does anyone have experience using a subsoiler with a b5200 they could share. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ Kubota b5200 and subsoiler? #2  
I have used a subsoiler with a b7500 . I picked up from tractor supply fairly cheap , it does not have a shear pin so you must be careful . I believe it will go down 16" or so and it will bring the tractor to a dead stop . When that happens I always raise the implement , back up , and continue on past that point . I am working with mostly clay soil so you might have good luck with loamy soil .

/ Kubota b5200 and subsoiler?
I have used a subsoiler with a b7500...

Thanks Tooth. I'm new to tractors so not that familiar with specs but looking at TractorData.com I see your 7500 definitely has significant HP advantage but is not too much larger or heavier. The fact you can use the subsoiler on clay has me optimistic, especially if I work my way down. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, still keeping an eye out to see if something bigger in my price range pops up locally but I'll have to make a move soon or this one will be gone. I'll post if I go for it and will let everyone know if I'm successful with the subsoiler.

/ Kubota b5200 and subsoiler? #4  
I've used a middle buster for running lines with my b7100 and it works just fine. A ripper will do a better job and if you hit a root just raise it up a notch and hit it again. I think you'd do fine, just take your time.