Cost vs Value... B or BX

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
Quick question...

Do you all have a rough idea the cost difference between a BX2360 and B2320? I would like to equip them with a loader, bh, and MMM, 60".

What is your opinion on cost vs value.... value meaning which will do the most work, etc. The BX seems a bit like a toy. I have a Kubota L3830 with loader already. But want something to mow with and do some chores around the house. The BH looks like it maybe handy.

Also I'm 6'4" so not sure how well I will fit on the BX backhoe platform. :laughing:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #2  
Quick question...

Do you all have a rough idea the cost difference between a BX2360 and B2320? I would like to equip them with a loader, bh, and MMM, 60".

What is your opinion on cost vs value.... value meaning which will do the most work, etc. The BX seems a bit like a toy. I have a Kubota L3830 with loader already. But want something to mow with and do some chores around the house. The BH looks like it maybe handy.

Also I'm 6'4" so not sure how well I will fit on the BX backhoe platform. :laughing:

Thanks! :thumbsup:
I have a B26 TLB that is really handy for digging holes for planting etc. and is the same size as the B 2x20 series but heavier built. I leave the hoe on all the time so it is instantly ready for a small chore (very little shovel work now). I would think that the B 2320, 2620 or 2920 would be good for around the house mowing with belly mower. My daughter has a 2920 with FEL and 5 foot tiller that she uses to mow her 2.5 acre estate and till the garden (husband admits that she drives the tractor much more than him) but I don't know how well it would work with a backhoe on it. I think those B series hook up the same as my B26 which is to pull 2 pins, raise the BH frame out of the cradle, drive forward as couple feet, release the pressure on all the backhoe cylinders, unhook 2 hoses and hook the loop back to the tractor and you're good to go. I unhooked mine once when I bought it so I could see how easy it was, but it hasn't been off the tractor since. Previous owner said that it takes 3 minutes to unhook the BH but 15-30 minutes to put on the 3PH arms which have to be removed to put on the backhoe. All the 3 PH stuff is in a 5 gallon bucket setting in my shop exactly where I put it 8 months ago where it is likely to stay also.

I would suggest you go to Kubota website and do a build your own for each model to get an idea of the cost difference which I don't think will be a big difference but will be a big difference in capabilities. Personally I would go with the B series for the larger tires and higher ground clearance and more capable backhoe.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #3  
I did the Kubota build your own with BX25 (no back hoe option on any of the other BX models) with 54" mm mower and backhoe and price was $21k and change. For the B 2620 with 60" mower, FEL and backhoe it was $27K and change.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #4  
Dude;at 6'-4" you'll have a tough time on the "B"series back-hoe.My son in law is 6'-4" and 260lbs.,he can run a back hoe on a B7800 but is not fun for him.I'm 6'/215lbs and find it tight.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #5  
You do get a larger digging depth with the B-series over the BX as well as a list of everything from larger tires to three ranges and a host of other things in durability not to slight the BX line. The size, while that is up to you and how long you might be there on the backhoe!

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #6  
I am not familiar with these small tractors but from the build your own comparing the BX25 with FEL / Backhoe and mower, it doesn't appear that a MM mower is available with this tractor (finishing mower listed at $2K) whereas the B 2320 does have a MM mower @$2500 listed. Comparably equipped it looks like $22K for the BX 25 and $26K for the 2320. Only 1K more for the B 2620.

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #7  
I'm 6'3" & 220 lb... The only issue I have on my BX24 BH (same BH as BX25) is lack of space for my size 13 boots. It's okay when I'm in position, but getting up there and swivelling my feet around to sit, my boots get wedged in the narrow foot wells.
And the BX25 will take a BX MMM... 48", 54" and 60" available.
These things really hold their value... when I was looking for a used BXTLB before I bought, they were always gone by the time I got there. Even a BX22TLB sold in my area for $14K in 2010.

Pete

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX
Wow you guys are fast! Thanks for all the feedback!

Do u really think a backhoe warrants the expense? I could always just rent a 10,000 lbs mini excavator...

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #9  
It's your money we're spending...get the backhoe!:laughing:

/ Cost vs Value... B or BX #10  
Wow you guys are fast! Thanks for all the feedback!

Do u really think a backhoe warrants the expense? I could always just rent a 10,000 lbs mini excavator...

To me it's a matter of convenience... I probably use my tractor 250 hours a year, 150 of that with the BH.
If I rent a mini-ex, at maybe $800 a week, I loose out on a rainy day, or getting involved in some other chore that my wife thinks has a higher priority. What's the annual cost of borrowing the extra money to buy the BH ? That's the price I pay for having the BH ready to go for any small or bigger chore, any time, any day of the year. That annual cost is a lot less than $800. Sure, there are things my BH can't do that a mini-ex would do, but that's the trade-off.

Pete