Which tractor

/ Which tractor #1  

vic6

Tractor
none yet
I have about 20 acres, of which about 15 needs to be cut with a rotary cutter. The land to be cut is on a sloping hillside but not too steep to cut parallel to its slope with no danger of rollover. I have a driveway about a quarter of a mile long that I have to maintain, but only with occasional snow removal. I would also use a front end loader for various uses and am considering using it on the rare occasions when I have to remove snow from the driveway.

Which Kubota tractors and implements would you recommend. Cost is a factor.

Thank you.

/ Which tractor #2  
Speak to your local dealer, most likely something in the B series or lower horsepower L series if you want a cab. I have found most dealers will be glad to assist with what model would suit you best. Usually, they are in for the long haul and will not sell you something that won't suit your needs based upon stock in hand.

/ Which tractor #3  
hilly pasture id prolly go with a 4wd drive in the 3200 or 3400 line of tractors.

/ Which tractor #4  
I have a Kubota B3300SU that I remain enthused about after a year. My first tractor/loader, it comes as a complete package: FEL, 4-WD, HST and almost standard R4 "Industrial Tires". I do a lot of woods work and "B" maneuverability is a big plus. B3300SU also has high ground clearance and a flat floor in the cockpit.

The attachments I use most:

Ratchet Rake (does everything)

Ken's bolt on bucket hooks for 5/16" chains

Bucket Spade

Wallenstein BX42 PTO chipper

King Kutter 'hog

Bush Hog Rollover Box Blade

I have not needed snow removal equipment.

I would early opt for aftermarket Stabilworks rigid stabilizers to replace the factory check chains/turnbuckles early on. Stabilwork's mechs not only make loading implements MUCH easier, they also reinforce the lower links when pushing in reverse with KK RM and ROBB.

You can "search"/titles the TBN data base for B3300SU or any of the implements and find a day's worth of reading and videos. You may even find a few opinions.......

My Kubota dealer was MOST HELPFUL in helping me select the B3300SU out of the mass of orange eqiupment on his lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 130
  • B3300SU 001.jpg
    B3300SU 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 156
   / Which tractor #5  
HST and 4wd,largest FEL/bucket offered.B2620-B2920,L3400-L3800 up to the L3240.All depends how much you want to spend and how many features you would like.Hint;buy one size larger than you think you will need.They tend to shrink with use.You are going to need a brush-hog and maybe a rear scraper blade for driveway/snow.Good luck shopping.

/ Which tractor #6  
vic6,

Do you intend to do anything beyond mow and maintain the property, like raise crops or livestock?

/ Which tractor
We will only need the tractor for mowing and property maintenance. No crops or livestock. We do have two horses but have never needed a tractor to take care of their needs.

/ Which tractor #8  
vic6,

As others have said, most any of the current "B" or "L" series tractors should meet your needs. Definetly a front loader if at all possible. A rear blade and a rotary cutter sized for your tractor are basic implements that you will use often. Both of these are available used at a savings over new. I think most will agree with me, on these small compact tractors, 4wd is a necessity.

You can find either a "B" or "L" tractor used with low hours, 1000hrs or less, at a fair price. Use "tractordata.com" to research older tractors, horsepower, transmission etc.

Are you wanting to finish mow your lawn as well with this tractor? Because tire choice will be important. Ag Tires (R1) are much preferred for rotary cutting on your slopes, but will damage your lawn. Turf Tires (R3) are only good on lawns and very poor in winter snow or mud. Industrial tires (R4) are a compromise, but even then you should have tire chains for snow.