Trigger pulled.....! L3800

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #11  
Just not what I thought it would be. Spoiled by heavier equipment I suppose

Try a Kioti, Much bigger frame with the DK series

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #12  
They are a good light duty tractor, but they are just that and won't compare to more robust machines, I went with the Grand L after looking at them and of course then there is the M Series even more robust. As mentioned you may want to look at other brands and models within brands. Some people are happy with lighter tractors and some are not.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #13  
Just not what I thought it would be. Spoiled by heavier equipment I suppose

About twenty years ago I sold my Ford 655a full size TLB and bought a Ford 1920 CUT. The dealer asked me how I liked the loader. I told him that it was like digging with a spoon.
That 1920 was a great tractor I just had to adjust to the fact that it didn't weigh 17,000 lbs.

Maybe you are going through the same thing, or will the L3800 just not do what you thought it should be able to do?

Bill

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800
Digging with a spoon sums it up to a "T". Just because it has a bucket doesnt make it a loader. Lesson learned.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #15  
You may want to talk to your dealer while there is only 5hrs on the clock.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #16  
Sorry to hear that, racer. How did you decide on that particular tractor in the first place?

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800
Good idea notforhire, sent them a message this morning.

JF All the glowing reviews about how awesome these tractors were and that it fell in my price range of what i wanted to spend.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #18  
Good idea notforhire, sent them a message this morning.

JF All the glowing reviews about how awesome these tractors were and that it fell in my price range of what i wanted to spend.

For many it is an amazing tractor, I think your background as you mentioned gives you an entirely different perspective. I look back on the tractors I worked with farming and loved, one even had power steering :laughing: and they are nothing compared to what I now have.

If I park my biggest tractor, an M8540 next to one of our renters' 8000 Series John Deeres, it is nothing more than a toy.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #19  

All those darn amateurs screwed ya. :laughing: I hope your dealer can get you set up without much (or any) loss on your current rig. :thumbsup:

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #20  
I have a 16lb sledge hammer and a 4oz finish hammer. They are both tools and happen to work quite well for their intended use. I sure would not want to even try to nail a #4 finish nail into a nice piece of walnut molding with that sledge. :shocked: Same thing applies to knocking out a 3" dia pin from a piece of heavy equipment. Sure would not want to even try to do that with a 4oz hammer. :eek:

It is always a good idea to do research on stuff, especially if it is going to cost you money and time.

Just my :2cents: