Trigger pulled.....! L3800

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #21  
It is always a good idea to do research on stuff, especially if it is going to cost you money and time.
QUOTE]

More times than I'd like to remember I have bought something that I thought would work, instead of what I really wanted. Most of the time money was key. Sometimes I just didn't have the funds, sometimes I just decided I couldn't justify spending the money.

Those darn kids. They expect a meal every single day ........

Best, Bill

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800
I have a 16lb sledge hammer and a 4oz finish hammer. They are both tools and happen to work quite well for their intended use. I sure would not want to even try to nail a #4 finish nail into a nice piece of walnut molding with that sledge. :shocked: Same thing applies to knocking out a 3" dia pin from a piece of heavy equipment. Sure would not want to even try to do that with a 4oz hammer. :eek:

It is always a good idea to do research on stuff, especially if it is going to cost you money and time.

Just my :2cents:

Glad you can afford a 16lb sledge and a 4oz finish hammer. However I can only justify having money tied up in one hammer. Guess that's on me.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #23  
Glad you can afford a 16lb sledge and a 4oz finish hammer. However I can only justify having money tied up in one hammer. Guess that's on me.

Well, then in your case as many others, you need to decide on what tool will sort of work most of the time and yet most of the time not actually be the right tool for the job.

Sorry to see that you must have made the wrong choice since you're bailing on a tractor that you have only 5 hours on. :( Doesn't seem like you have had enough seat time to even find out what it's capabilities even are. :confused3: But then sometimes you just know that things are not right and it is best to move on sooner than later.

Good luck. ;)

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #24  

I think you missed MVR's point. I don't think he was bragging about all the tools he has. I believe he was suggesting that he calculates his needs and through research, tries to acquire the best suited tool for the job at hand.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #25  
First thing I did when I got my B3200 was build a smaller toothed bucket, IE 48" vs the 54" smooth bucket. It does work much better when breaking virgin dirt. I would agree that when I first tried to move dirt the stock bucket did not break through the dirt any better then the little 36inch homemade loader I have on my
B4200 (12hp). I am happier and the tractor is happier with the 48" toothed bucket with 4" less distance from the pivot pin to bucket edge.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #26  

In this case the selection of the single tractor needs to be very well thought out. The L3800 is a great machine for the size.

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #27  
Go swap for a Kioti DK40se, yes some more money, but lift capacity is over twice as much, and weighs a bunch more. All in a package that is not all that much larger. Just a lot more tractor in all ways. and still a lot cheaper than a GL. Two others to look at in the capacity to cost arena are LS and Mahindra. I have never owned an LS or Mahindra, but I have a Kioti, and I can tell you it is first rate.

James K0UA

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #28  
Go swap for a Kioti DK40se, yes some more money, but lift capacity is over twice as much, and weighs a bunch more. All in a package that is not all that much larger. Just a lot more tractor in all ways. and still a lot cheaper than a GL. Two others to look at in the capacity to cost arena are LS and Mahindra. I have never owned an LS or Mahindra, but I have a Kioti, and I can tell you it is first rate.

James K0UA

James, was the Kubota you owned a L3800?

Bill

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #29  
James, was the Kubota you owned a L3800?

Bill

Not exactly, but real close it was an L3400HST 2010 model Not much difference. the L3800 is a slightly updated model, some new sheet metal, and a redesigned loader, but the capacity of the loader is about the same, just measured from a different point. The hydraulic lines on the loader are better protected. I believe the L3800 had one or 2 more horsepower in the engine.

James K0UA

/ Trigger pulled.....! L3800 #30  
I think you missed MVR's point. I don't think he was bragging about all the tools he has. I believe he was suggesting that he calculates his needs and through research, tries to acquire the best suited tool for the job at hand.

I'm sure that was his intent, for many if not most, buying one tractor to "do it all" is going to be a compromise in some areas and knowing this we have to pick the "best" compromise knowing it will fall short in some areas. I can now afford the right tool for the job, but for many years relied on an old well worn tractor for everything none of which it did well.

I am sure Brian worked up to what he now has over time and is familiar with limited funds like everyone else.