Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default My blood now runs Orange

Well, I finally did it. Went down and bought my first tractor. Got a BX2360 with 60" MMM and FEL.

They threw in a free mulching kit and are bringing my son a bunch of baseball hats. I take delivery on Thursday. I can't wait!!!!

So, any advice for a complete newbie to compact tractors? Anything I should be aware of? Any tips?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Re: My blood now runs Orange

Don't forget to stop and have lunch! You'll be having so much fun, you'll lose track of time!

Congrats!!

Tractor
    2013 Bx 2670

Check fluid in front axle after about 10 hrs, usually 1/2 to a full quart low once the oil gets worked around inside.Get familiar with controls ,take your time and enjoy!! Plenty of useful advice on this forum,these guys have been doing this a long time and know what they are talking about!! Congratulations on your new tractor!!
    2013 Kubota Bx 2670 ,60"mmm ,La 243 Fel ,Landpride cat 1 QH15 ,CA1548 Core Aerator ,BB0548 Box Scraper ,Countryline 25gal trailer sprayer ,400lb 3ph fertilizer spreader

Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Best thing to do is don't be in a hurry to do anything on a tractor. Take your time, go slow, get really, really familiar with its operation, think ahead and anticipate its move. Stay accident free. Very careful on slopes and hills.
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Congrats on your new tractor. Don't forget to wear your seat belt.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Congratulations. In July, it will be 2 years since we bought our kubota L4400. I still go to the Operator's Manual quite frequently. There is a lot of info in the Manual. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Thanks for the advice so far! I will be going slow, especially since we got a foot of snow today. Will certainly check the front axle fluid. Wife will be instructed to check the blinker fluid after 5 hours of running as well as putting in the summer tire air when it comes time.

Good thing is, my property is flat. The only things not flat are the ditches and I plan on staying out of those. Will use a propane torch on them. Someday I will buy the backhoe. Ahhh I don't know if I can sleep tonight.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Note that all of these compact tractors have their final assembly by the dealer. Some dealers have great techs in their shop who do that work very well; with other dealers, not so much. It's good practice to check all the bolts for tightness on a new unit to make sure everything is secure, and maybe re-check every once in a while as you use it. Particularly wheel lugs and other critical items where there can be serious damage if something works loose. Enjoy.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Do you know the torque spec on the wheel lugs? Great info. Will give the bolts a once over.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations on your new tractor, can't beat the advice given so far, give it a good once over and read the manual. Break-in is often a hot topic and you can do some research on prior threads, but I found I could do pretty much anything I wanted and stay within the break-in parameters.

You might want to have them give you a demo on removing/installing the FEL, once you see how easy it is, you won't hesitate to do it yourself; very easy to do. They will go over general operations upon delivery, so pay attention and the manual is your friend.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast