My blood now runs Orange

/ My blood now runs Orange #1  

Gander

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Well, I finally did it. Went down and bought my first tractor. Got a BX2360 with 60" MMM and FEL.

They threw in a free mulching kit and are bringing my son a bunch of baseball hats. I take delivery on Thursday. I can't wait!!!!

So, any advice for a complete newbie to compact tractors? Anything I should be aware of? Any tips? :cool2:

/ My blood now runs Orange #2  
Don't forget to stop and have lunch! You'll be having so much fun, you'll lose track of time! :)

Congrats!!

/ My blood now runs Orange #3  
Check fluid in front axle after about 10 hrs, usually 1/2 to a full quart low once the oil gets worked around inside.Get familiar with controls ,take your time and enjoy!! Plenty of useful advice on this forum,these guys have been doing this a long time and know what they are talking about!! Congratulations on your new tractor!!:cool2::drink::cool2:

/ My blood now runs Orange #4  
Best thing to do is don't be in a hurry to do anything on a tractor. Take your time, go slow, get really, really familiar with its operation, think ahead and anticipate its move. Stay accident free. Very careful on slopes and hills.

/ My blood now runs Orange #5  
Congrats on your new tractor. Don't forget to wear your seat belt.

/ My blood now runs Orange #6  
Congratulations. In July, it will be 2 years since we bought our Kubota L4400. I still go to the Operator's Manual quite frequently. There is a lot of info in the Manual. Best wishes.

/ My blood now runs Orange
Thanks for the advice so far! I will be going slow, especially since we got a foot of snow today. Will certainly check the front axle fluid. Wife will be instructed to check the blinker fluid after 5 hours of running as well as putting in the summer tire air when it comes time.

Good thing is, my property is flat. The only things not flat are the ditches and I plan on staying out of those. Will use a propane torch on them. Someday I will buy the backhoe. Ahhh I don't know if I can sleep tonight.

/ My blood now runs Orange #8  
Note that all of these compact tractors have their final assembly by the dealer. Some dealers have great techs in their shop who do that work very well; with other dealers, not so much. It's good practice to check all the bolts for tightness on a new unit to make sure everything is secure, and maybe re-check every once in a while as you use it. Particularly wheel lugs and other critical items where there can be serious damage if something works loose. Enjoy.

/ My blood now runs Orange
Do you know the torque spec on the wheel lugs? Great info. Will give the bolts a once over.

/ My blood now runs Orange #10  
Congratulations on your new tractor, can't beat the advice given so far, give it a good once over and read the manual. Break-in is often a hot topic and you can do some research on prior threads, but I found I could do pretty much anything I wanted and stay within the break-in parameters.

You might want to have them give you a demo on removing/installing the FEL, once you see how easy it is, you won't hesitate to do it yourself; very easy to do. They will go over general operations upon delivery, so pay attention and the manual is your friend.