Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX??

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
I know they make a front plow (2 models I think) for around $2200-$2400, and I know I can buy a back blade (60") in the $300 range. But what I was wondering is, does anybody make a plow that replaces the bucket on the front end loader? My neighbor thought somebody might make something like that, or that I could get a fabrication shop to rig one up. I have about 80 feet that I need to keep really nice, and about 300 - 400 that I like to clean when we really get hit.
or... assuming that avenue is not a good one, or is impossible, I am also wondering how the front plow works if you have the loader. Does it use the same control tower that I have on there now for my loader? I guess I would need the 4 way valve? Can I easily switch back and forth?

Thanks for the info in advance, (and aren't you glad I didn't mention the Warran..... Shhhhh /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #2  
I haven't seen a front blade that mounts on your FEL bucket, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. The ones Kubota sells go on in place of the FEL unit and require the "4 way" valve. There is a front attachment kit that needs to be installed as well. The price difference you quote is manual plow angle vs. hydraulic plow angle.

Here's a link that might be helpful. BX front blades

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #3  
just use the fel, may take a bit longer, but u can move any amt of snow with it. i use a rear blade for small amts but seems i never get small amts. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i don't like to put anything on the front as i then loose the fel

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #4  
I used a 7.5 ft. Fisher plow off a truck on my old JD with the FEl. I demounted the bucket from the FEL, attached the blade to the push arms and using the 4 way valve I disconnected the dump cyl. hoses and used that part of the valve to angle the blade. Sold the JD for a 3830, will now mount the blade on the 3830.

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX??
That is EXACTLY what I had in mind. I wonder if they have one for the BX loader. (I'd bet they do!).
I'll be looking in to that!

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX??
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:13 PM
To: me
Subject: Re: Mail Form - Curtis Web Site

Sorry but we do not have a plow setup for the Kubota bx tractors.
Thanks
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #8  
Bummer, I was thinking that Steve had indicated that they did, but it could have been my poor excuse for a memory. I am suprised they didn't comment on whether they are working on one or not, or if they think the BX framework isn't strong enough/big enough or whatever.

I would probably still check with Carver as maybe they have installed them even though one isn't "made for a bx" it may still be adaptable.....can't hurt to ask.

Sorry I thought I had what you wanted too........

/ Dare I say it.. Plowing Snow options for the BX?? #9  
They now make lightweight plow blades for the front of the Geo tracker and other small 4x4's. Seems like one of those should fit a BX, and they don't weigh much. I'd worry more about hurting the blade than the tractor.

Steve