Price Check New B2920 w/FEL

/ Price Check New B2920 w/FEL #1  

jackl

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota B2920 364FEL and 5ft Bush Hog Finish Mower, 1952 Ford 8n, Cub Cadet
I'm looking at trading in my very clean 2005 Kubota B7510HSD w/FEL 400 hours for a new B2920HSD with LA364 FEL and would like to know if this is a decent deal. Its always tough on a trade in as you are basically working 2 deals, but the bottom line cash outlay would be $6,460. They are quoting the tractor/FEL with a heavy duty toothbar with removeable teeth at $15,560 and will give me $9,100 for my B7510. The toothbar alone is over $300 as I've priced them before.

I have 4 other quotes and while this is the best, the only drawback is that I need to pick it up about 250 miles away which I can do. One more thing. I opted to not take the 0% financing in favor of $700 off on a cash deal. 2 other dealers offered the same option, while the other 2 never even mentioned it. I'm totally amazed at the variances in quotes I received. Based on forum postings this is a very reputable dealer.

thanks!

My wife is getting tired of me talking about this and said, just buy the thing!

/ Price Check New B2920 w/FEL #2  
It sounds like you have done your due diligence on getting price quotes etc. Is the 2920 a little smaller frame than the 7510?

Anyway, the difference from one dealer to another with trade-in can be significant as you noted. When I went to trade at a couple local dealers one didn't want trade-ins and the other gave a price that I compared to a long distance dealer where I received 1k more for the trade and 2k less on price of the new tractor. I went long distance.

If you are happy with the trade-in price from what you paid for your 7510 originally....your wife sounds like she is giving you good advice!

/ Price Check New B2920 w/FEL #3  
The cash price is very close to what my dealer quoted me back in nov. so in comparison it seems fair.

/ Price Check New B2920 w/FEL
The 2920 is 5 inches longer, 3 inches wider and almost 200lbs heavier than the 7510. The FEL has quite a bit more capacity and the tractor has 5 more PTO HP and 8 more HP overall. Of cource you've got to add in the cup holder and 3 speed transmission!

I bought the 7510 in 2005 with a 60 inch Bush Hog Finish mower which I'm keeping. Tha package deal was $14,400 and the tractor with FEL alone was ~13,000. So, I got 8 years of good use for about 4k and the tractor has had 0 issues.

Thanks for the replies!

/ Price Check New B2920 w/FEL #6  
I'd say 4k for 8 yrs of good service is a real bargain, if you decide to trade I think you'll really enjoy the upgrades.